Headphone setup mixtrak pro
    Tech Convert

Default Headphone setup mixtrak pro

Hi everyone

I am sorry if this has been posted before. Here is my scenario.
    I bought a Mixtrack Pro it came with a usb cable and a disk that only had asio4all sound drives plus the actual midi device. The set up was relatively easy just install traktor 2.6 and select Mixtrack Pro as my midi controller. It was smooth the hardware and software are working perfectly. Now the problem comes with setting the headphones. I have looked at all sorts of youtube videos and still no luck. My setup is this,

Laptop: HP Compac Presario CQ57
    Controller: Mixtrack Pro
    Sound: I am using my soni creative speakers plugged to my laptop.

I need help what am I missing? Is there a simple step by step guide for dumies. I am a noob

did you watch this one?

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    did you watch this one?

Hi Jester

Thank you so very much for the quick and prompt response. I did see that video up until I saw that he is using virtualdj. I don't have virtualdj and I would like to keep using traktor rather then having to buy and learn to use another software. I am trying to be able to preview the song on deck B while deck A is playing.

The principle is the same whichever software you are using, you need to select the mixtrack as your audio source and set the output routings correctly.
    also, please note we have a 5 post anti spam system, i just deleted 3 identical replies from this thread
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

The principle is the same whichever software you are using, you need to select the mixtrack as your audio source and set the output routings correctly.
    also, please note we have a 5 post anti spam system, i just deleted 3 identical replies from this thread
    Hi Jester

I am so sorry about that. I am new to this whole thing. What happened was that every time tried to post something funny would happen to my browser and I was not sure if it was accepting my post. I will test you suggestion later on and let you know how it goes.
    Thank you so very much for the prompt reply.

Tech Convert

Hi Jester

Thank you so much for the help yesterday I got home and got headphones working. I did I mention I am new at this? So now I have the headphones allowing me to preview the track before I can play it. Now the sad bit to my set up. I have sony creative speakers they awesome. They connect to my laptops sound out which uses a normal jack. Once I had setup the headphones they stopped working, I am assuming that I now need to buy a aux cable to connect to the mixtrak pro and connect that to a mixer which is something I will also need to buy, then connect my sony creative speakers to the mixer. Am I correct? I am a beginner in all of this and its still a hobby to me. Attached is what my setup looks like on traktor
    Last edited by Jester; 11-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.

you need to connect your speakers to the mixtrack pro not the the laptop. no need to buy another mixer. so the only connection you have on the laptop is to the mixtrack's usb.

use an rca to jack that is available in electronic shops. 00043265abb.jpg connect the rca to the mixtrack then connect the speakers to the other end which is the jack.
    Last edited by arsman; 11-14-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    you need to connect your speakers to the mixtrack pro not the the laptop. no need to buy another mixer. so the only connection you have on the laptop is to the mixtrack's usb.

use an rca to jack that is available in electronic shops. 00043265abb.jpg connect the rca to the mixtrack then connect the speakers to the other end which is the jack.

Thank you so much arsman I will go look for it today.