Kontrol S4 MKII + 2 turntables (timecode) + mic = possbile?
    Tech Convert

Default Kontrol S4 MKII + 2 turntables (timecode) + mic = possbile?

Hi, this is a very brief question. Does the new Kontrol S4 MKII have the ability to have 2 turntables running into the mixer, and a microphone at the same time? I heard that you couldn't use the mic on the first S4 if you were connecting 2 external outputs suchs as cdjs or turntables. This is a very important question that I need answered asap! Please and thankss

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djkodon View Post
    Hi, this is a very brief question. Does the new Kontrol S4 MKII have the ability to have 2 turntables running into the mixer, and a microphone at the same time? I heard that you couldn't use the mic on the first S4 if you were connecting 2 external outputs suchs as cdjs or turntables. This is a very important question that I need answered asap! Please and thankss
    You're probably better off with an MC6000

MC6000 isn't a Traktor certified interface, so would be no good in this case.

Unfortunately I haven't got an answer for you djkodon, as I don't know!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Im not 100% sure but i dont think it is as the mic uses one of the channels therefore you could only have one turntable on with the mic..thats only my understanding and i could be wrong, if i am im sure someone will correct me soon enough
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud