Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

What does everyone think of DT 100s ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    I've been using a pair of Sony MDR 7506s, great sound (especially low end) and only about £110. However, they're closed backed and I'm looking for something open or semi-open backed so I have another set for reference.

What are people's current favourites for producing in the open/semi-open backed world?
    Beyerdynamic DT series are well respected for production. To be honest I haven't done production with them, but they have a huge sound stage and sound great in general. Very comfortable as well.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Default Monster NPulse

Highly recommend the Monster NPulse headphones. They use to be $200 and are currently on sale for $45 on newegg.com.

Tech Mentor

Finally got my VModa's. I ordered a pair of HD25's off amazon, was afraid I got fakes so I checked the impedance and found they were legit, just kinda light weight. The on ear doesn't isolate for me as well as over ear. Just a preference. I like the isolation of my beats studio (A gift from my wife) that I used for years better than my HD 25's. The HD 25's sounded better but I felt I had to turn them up more and thought this might damage my hearing. So I opted for the VModa's because I could get my company colors and my logo on them and felt like buying myself a christmas present. Sadly won't be using my HD 25's as much and they are pretty spiffy. I imagine they will be my practice set. Important to note for all you HD 25 fans, I did immediately switch my ear cups for pink velour. Maybe if I had stuck with the stock fake leather or bought some of the upgrade cups I wouldn't be looking for another pair of headphones.

Tech Convert

Hello everyone,

I'm just new on being a dj, but I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones, mainly used for music production or practice mixing, has anyone used these two headphones before Munitio Pro 40 Headphones or Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Headphones, but will both have great audio quality for beginners.Which would be a better recommendation?

Tech Convert

My long-term report on my AIAIAI TMA-1's.
    2 years since I took a gamble on a relatively unknown Danish manufacturer.
    They've been dropped, pulled, lost, found and even immersed in liquid.
    Audio is loud and well defined and the isolation is fine too.
    Comparatively, they're not expensive, but beware that the Chinese are now making fake ones which are absolutely terrible.

Ultimately, it's your money and you need to work out how long you'd need to play before you get a return on your investment, but when I see DJ's cradling broken HD25's (or those expensive "DR Dre" ones) I ignore my regrets about some of the minor design shortcomings.

Just like some of us here who are new to DJing, I enjoy reading this thread. Until now I still cant decide what headphone to buy. Still reading some reviews here. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx View Post
    What does everyone think of DT 100s ?
    Okay, so a reply almost one year later, but my 2 cents.

Love their design, love their fit. But I would never ever use them for mixdown. They are severly lacking in sub bass. I still DJ with them occasionally, because I love them and I find that I don't really need the sub frequencies while beat matching anyways, but if you are looking to listen to electronic music at home, or do critical studio mixing, I would get something else.

Default ear pain while using pioneer hdj500

Hi guys

When I’m using hdj500, my back edge of earlobe is in pain - but only right ear. Is there any way to eliminate that pain, or should I change headphones for smaller size (cause hdj500 it’s quite big)?
    I want to make sure, before I’ll spend some money which might be useless

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by OscarSemper View Post
    Hi guys

When I’m using hdj500, my back edge of earlobe is in pain - but only right ear. Is there any way to eliminate that pain, or should I change headphones for smaller size (cause hdj500 it’s quite big)?
    I want to make sure, before I’ll spend some money which might be useless
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast