Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Mdr-7506 / v6

Sony MDR V6 are insanely good studio monitor headphones. They dont look very cool but they sound amazing and have been used for years in studios,
    Both the 7506 and V6 are possibly one of the best value DJ/Production headphones on the market - essentially both are the same headphone with the only real difference being a gold connector and better warranty on the 7506.

Yes I know people will show you spec sheets and tell you about magnet types etc, however that seems to have been aligned in the past few years and the spare parts for both headphones are exactly the same

I'm on my second pair in almost 15 years. The first pair of V6's which have been through hell and back, Gigged, stepped on, thrown around the house, dropped continually etc ...having almost worn through them (in the sense that you can can wear through clothing or shoes), it was time for a replacement.

So after trying just about every headphone on the market for something else.

a) As Comfortable
    b) Reasonably flat
    c) Tough as Nails
    d) Low enough impedance for a portable device/laptop
    e) Could multipurpose between Studio / Live comfortably
    f) Great isolation
    g) Foldable (Was willing to sacrifice this though)

Nothing I tried ticked "all" the boxes above apart from the new Sony MDR-1, which:
    • Are probably the most comfortable headphone I've EVER tried - the leather is oh-so soft.
    • Do indeed sound Amazing, do not get "muddy" whatsoever across "busy" tracks at loud volume (This was a serious an issue with the majority of other headphones I tried).
    • Fold Flat
    • Removable Cable

However the problem with the R1, is that while they felt and sounded like my ideal headphone, they did not sound $200 MORE amazing than my aging V6's, in fact if it were a blind test it'd be pretty difficult to tell the difference - they are VERY similar sounding headphones with a little more low end super low bass* on the MDR-1.

*Detail - not enhancement

So when I saw Amazon had a deal on 7506's (same headphone) for $77 needless to say I pulled the trigger and are a VERY happy boy. I hope these ones last as long.

After 15 years of abuse

Are they the BEST headphone on the market? No, but they can certainly hold their own against pretty much any "DJ" headphone that is on the market right now and I can honestly say that in my opinion they are the best value professional headphones on the planet currently.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Im looking for some good DJ headphones for around $100. I really like the classic DJ style thats good for one ear monitoring. Durability is important to me but 2nd to sound quality. Would prefer a coiled or even detachable cable and a foldable design if that helps narrow it down for suggestions. thanks
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

See the Sony's I posted above,
    • They sit really well one-ear (that how I play) as the headband is pretty springy and flexible.
    • Cable is not detachable, Coiled and bloody durable (never replaced on the V6's - but I hate coiled !)
    • Folds and comes with a carry bag
    Last edited by deevey; 11-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.

REMINDER:

All headphone related questions, reviews & comments belong in this thread. Any that don't will be closed or deleted upon discovery or from reporting. Cheers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Are the TMA Studios better than the TMA -1? in terms of sound quality and durability

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dini View Post
    Are the TMA Studios better than the TMA -1? in terms of sound quality and durability
    I would also like to know what peoples thoughts on this are.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dini View Post
    I am also interested in thoughts on this.

Default Necessarily need new pair of headphones

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Sale on Sennheiser HD518 DJ, HD428, Amperior (up'd HD25)
    http://slickdeals.net/f/6442990-senn...-free-shipping
    I need some help because I do need headphones immediately! Those are the choices: V-Moda Crossfade Lp, Aiaiai TMA-1, Sennheiser HD25 lp 2.
    First thing i need is isolation. I play techno music and so I also need solid bass for beatmatching and clear high sounds.

Default Try, try and try again

Hello Valerio.

If you did'nt bought your headphone yet, i would say to be cliche, that your best judge is you.
    I search the internet close to a month (forum, blog, articles, reviews) to make myself a clear opinion before I hit the store. To my big suprise I tested all the model that I was interested and neigther of them was what I imagine, not bad at all, pretty good for most of them.

They all had something that did'nt feel right for me. So I end up trying a pair of Audio-Thechnica ATH-M50X, following what the sale guy told me, wow!
    I took another 40min to compare them with the other ones and yes, for my taste they are perfect, considering that my budget was betwen 200$ / 300$.

I have to say that I wear glass, so comfort wise it's difficult, but I tested them without my glasses to check out their output and sound quality. After three monts now and 2 marathon gig. I Love them.
    Good luck.
    JP.
    Last edited by jpdretro; 04-15-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: No title
    Montreal
    https://www.facebook.com/Nearfield.M...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Traktor, S4, F1, APC40 and twister

Using a set of sony mdr 7510 for producing at the moment but the jack has started to bend i like them but wouldn't buy another set. what ones should I buy next? or should I just send them to sony and get them fixed? not had them a year yet.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast