Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hi, I am using a set of Sony mdr 7510 for music production at the moment, but the jack is starting to bend had them for under a year so don't know if there is still warranty. What cans would you suggest I get next? They will only be used for tracking as I have separate ones for DJing.
    S4+3D=FUN

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Xander1 View Post
    Hi, I am using a set of Sony mdr 7510 for music production at the moment, but the jack is starting to bend had them for under a year so don't know if there is still warranty. What cans would you suggest I get next? They will only be used for tracking as I have separate ones for DJing.
    If you are happy with the sound of them, why not just replace the jack ?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    If you are happy with the sound of them, why not just replace the jack ?
    But I would need to replace the whole cable aswell, the cable isn't detachable on them so would have to open them up, which would probably end up with me buying a new set anyway.
    S4+3D=FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Xander1 View Post
    But I would need to replace the whole cable aswell, the cable isn't detachable on them so would have to open them up, which would probably end up with me buying a new set anyway.
    Why don't you just cut off the jack and solder a replacement onto the existing cable ? Thats what I've done on every set of headphones I've every owned as most have a cable that is too long anyhow or cheap plasticy connectors e.g. HD25's

Opening them and putting in a new cable isn't a bad idea either and simple, I did that on my latest 7506's as I hate coiled cables.. outcome and link to the cable used here on this thread

If you are having problems soldering yourself any hi-fi repair shop should be able to do it for well under $20.

They are an expensive pair of headphones and worth repairing unless you have so much disposable income that you never need to fix anything when a $1 replaceable part of it fails
    Last edited by deevey; 04-29-2014 at 11:01 PM.

I hAve never tried soldering anything though will email sony and see if there is some warranty left on them. They weren't too expensive, think I only paid £90 for them. Will have a look at that cable replacement thread as well. Thanks for the info.
    S4+3D=FUN

Schalenberg

Thinking of switching from Sennheiser HD 25s to HDJ 2000s for the comfort factor. Anyone know how the 2000s handle in a club setting? How's the isolation on these?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Thinking of switching from Sennheiser HD 25s to HDJ 2000s for the comfort factor. Anyone know how the 2000s handle in a club setting? How's the isolation on these?
    Factor in weight as well when it comes to comfort .. they are twice as heavy as the HD25's

Isolation is great, I don't know if its any better than the HD25's, seem around the same but they are loud and crisp.

Not my Cuppa tea however as my head disappears between the pads when I put them on and instantly consider suing pioneer for whiplash.

Check http://www.djworx.com/skratchworx/re..._hd25_1_ii.php .. large group of headphones tested and HD25's were tops when it came to isolation.

Default Headphones around £60 / €70 / $100

Hi, I'm looking for a good pair of heaphones for mixing with a price about £60 / €70 / $100. What I expect from them is to have a good sound of course, but mostly that they are very comfortable, because I'll spend many hours mixing and listening to music with them. I've been researching and reading reviews and have pre-selected these three:

Sony MDR-V55: http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/S...DJE0004391-000

Reloop RHP-10: http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/D...DJE0003305-000

Denon Electronic DN-HP500: http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/R...DJE0004124-000

In terms of sound quality the Sony appear to be superior, but many users say they are nothing comfortable, so at the moment my favorites are the Reloop. Any suggestions? If it helps, most music I listent to and mix is DnB and other electronic genres as well as Funk and Rock.

Thank you all!

The only person who can tell you if its comfortable is YOU! I would never buy a pair of headphones blind based on someone else's review, I would check out headphones based on recommendations but never buy them without testing them in a shop with my own music (and only then order them cheaper online )

The fact is that everyones head and ears are different shapes and sizes and whats comfortable for you might not even fit me, so unless you have a zero $ return on them...

In relation to the sony's, amazon have the Sony MDR-7506 still on sale @ $74 and they are a much Much better headphone than the v55 and will last years of use/abuse (read my review a few pages back).

Tech Guru

Anyone know where to find a 3.5mm male-female coiled cable? My Sennheiser Amperior's cable is bad and needs replacing. I'm currently using the cable made for phone usage (has the controls).
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast