Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Sennheiser HD25's for DJ-ing. Light, sound great, loud enough, easy to repair individual parts and virtually indestructible.

Schalenberg

Anyone own the HD 8s? Looking to possibly make the jump from my HD 25s to these.

Default House of Marley?

I'm planning on purchasing new headphones today. Came across alot of good reviewed headphones and the price doesn't really matter. Though the looks do matter a bit to me.

Then I came across House of Marley, but I couldn't find any dj use reviews on them.

Does any of you have experience with these headphones and/or would you consider them to be ideal for dj purposes?

Systematik

Quote Originally Posted by Alecthierry View Post
    I'm planning on purchasing new headphones today. Came across alot of good reviewed headphones and the price doesn't really matter. Though the looks do matter a bit to me.

Then I came across House of Marley, but I couldn't find any dj use reviews on them.

Does any of you have experience with these headphones and/or would you consider them to be ideal for dj purposes?
    I don't think "House of Marley" headphones would be ideal for DJing... What model are you talking about?
    If you're specifically going to use them for DJing, take a look at the Pioneer range (HDJ 500, 1500, 2000, C70). AIAIAI intrests me aswell. But if you want a good all-round headphone go for the pioneer.

Tech Wizard

Hey guys I'm looking to pick up a pair of cans for doing the mixdown on the tracks I produce. I'm trying to decide between the Sennheiser 558 and 598, I was wondering if you guys knew if the slightly higher price on the 598's is worth it over the 558's. Was planning on picking them up for Black friday this year when they would be a bit cheaper anyways. Also should I go new or used?

They look comfortable. I use Sennheiser 438's - which are SUPER comfortable, and the sound is passable.

If you get the chance to A-B the 558/598's vs. the 438's I'd love to hear your opinion...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Has anyone any experience with the Pioneer HDJ-500/700?
    I've just bent my reloop headphones and recon they will need replaced, look for a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie View Post
    Has anyone any experience with the Pioneer HDJ-500/700?
    I've just bent my reloop headphones and recon they will need replaced, look for a good alternative.
    I've been using HDJ-500 for over 2 years already and they're great but I'd suggest buying other like HDJ-1000 since their price doesn't have a big difference and the 1000 is way more comfortable for me. Another thing is that they're quite vulnerable in the flexing parts because it broke for me after 1 year of use. I had a warranty so I received new ones from Pioneer but last month it cracked again. They're still functional though. Either that or my head is too big

I am looking for a solid studio/dj headphone with a sub $200 budget I am split between v moda lp2s and the Sol republic deadmau5 edition tracks, i don't know whether or not to go neutral or bassy . I left out the sennhiesser hd 25 sp2 s due to the tightness of the hd 25s

i am now split between sol republic tracks hd deadmau5 and the sennheiser hd 25 sp ii for a pair of studio/dj headphones

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast