Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread

All Discussions & Specific Questions headphone related go here.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

How do you guys feel about the Urbanearz Zinkels?

Tech Guru

I've never seen them in person but they are sold online pretty cheap. Reviews rate them as fairly average in the sound quality department.

Tech Convert

I recently bought the urbanears and they performed much better then I expected. I got them for around 70 dollars too. Great sound quality and isolation, and I have yet to have any durability issues. Ive seen some big names use them lately, only one I can think of is Diplo who pretty much only uses these now. Definitely recommended!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

How do you guys feel about the Urbanearz Zinkels?
    Sound quality is on par with most $60 headphones by anyone else. Urbanears as a brand tend to focus on their style over sound quality.

As a DJ headphone however, they will perform adequately, they are loud enough and have enough isolation to block out enough outside noise for monitoring and they look pretty good.

However for a "listening" headphone IMHO they sounded really average, mid's and bass boosted and muddy and no real "excitement" in the highs.

On another note I did not find them comfortable whatsoever.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Sound quality is on par with most $60 headphones by anyone else. Urbanears as a brand tend to focus on their style over sound quality.

As a DJ headphone however, they will perform adequately, they are loud enough and have enough isolation to block out enough outside noise for monitoring and they look pretty good.

However for a "listening" headphone IMHO they sounded really average, mid's and bass boosted and muddy and no real "excitement" in the highs.

On another note I did not find them comfortable whatsoever.
    Hm, okay. I was going to use them for DJing, as I already have my own highend pair of listening headphones. (V-Moda Crossfade LP 2)

Looking for a set of studio headphones , budget is between £100 to £200 , looked at Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro and akg 701
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Guru

DT-770 get my vote. You can take a look at SEnnheiser HD25 and Audio Technica A700x/A900x.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Sony MDR V6 are insanely good studio monitor headphones. They dont look very cool but they sound amazing and have been used for years in studios, they have almost 2,000 reviews on amazon with a 5 star rating. Not to mention they are alos only 90 USD and with the velour earpad upgrade they are super comfortable too.

Tech Guru

Sale on Sennheiser HD518 DJ, HD428, Amperior (up'd HD25)
    http://slickdeals.net/f/6442990-senn...-free-shipping
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast