MPC controller help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MPC controller help

Hey all. I work with serato DJ and a mixtrack pro2. Im looking to buy a midi controller so i can make my own beats. Iv been looking at the akai element which is a dedicated mpc and the mpd26 which is a pad controller? im confused as to what type of hardware would be best for me. I need to make and record beats. Ill be making trap and rap beats.
    I like that the element comes with software. any software suggestions?

MPC Elements will be the least expensive way I can see to get a hardware & software beat making solution. The biggest limitation with Elements is you are limited to one track. Which isn't a huge problem for beat making. If you use it in a DAW you can just run multiple instances for more than one track.
    The MPD is just a midi controller that you can map to software.

The next step up in price would be a Maschine Micro with software for $350.00

Hope that helps

does an mpd+software do what an mpc would.
    more specifically i need to alter sounds to get them how i want them. dont both do the same thing

i mean i guess if im running elements from a daw its pretty much the same as using a mpd isnt it

im seeing what kids are doing with midi fighters and im wondering if ill have all the features ill need on one

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper3Bravo View Post
    i mean i guess if im running elements from a daw its pretty much the same as using a mpd isnt it
    If you already have a DAW, a. MPD will do, or a Midi Fighter. You will just map them to the drum rack in your Daw. The Elements controller is already mapped to the elements software though and can be used as a stand alone beat making solution also.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper3Bravo View Post
    does an mpd+software do what an mpc would.
    more specifically i need to alter sounds to get them how i want them. dont both do the same thing
    Yes. The Elements MPC controller + Elements software is generally speaking the same as an MPD mapped to a DAW or other Drum machine software.

I really like the concept of being able to remap the fighter with different maps. Plus im a sucker for flash lights. I need to research software. This has quickly went from a 150-200$ deal to a 3-400$ deal. if i buy the fighter ill have to wait to afford decent software. any opinions about the free or cheap routes in DAWs

im thinking traktor with a midi fighter setup

What software do you own already?

There was an article somewhere, maybe on the DJTT blog, about free DAWs, give it a Google.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast