problems with midi mapping in traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default problems with midi mapping in traktor

hello, I have managed to make a decent basic mapping for the novation dicers with good L.E.D control too but now I am struggling to assign a specific effect to a button with a preset value so when the button is pressed it jumps to that effect with a full WET value with 3/4 open parameter if that makes sense..

any ideas people..

many thanks

there is no need to make duplicate threads, you will get an answer eventually.

to make macros you just need to repeat the mappings for the same button, You will need to do that for what you want.

once your head is around that, what you do is click "add in" which will drop down a menu. From the menu mouse over "FX Unit" which will show all the controls related to fx.

The first step is to select the effect/s you want loaded, to do that you select "Effect 1 Selector" and learn in the button you want to map. change the "Type of controller" to "button" and the "interaction mode" to "Direct", then you will see that in the "button options" you can select the effect you want loaded to a specific slot. Once you have done that all the other processes are similar, follow this as a guide

learn the following all to the same button/led
    Add in -> Unit On -> type('button') -> interaction('toggle');
    Add in -> Effect 1 Selector -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value('your effect');
    Add in -> Dry/wet adjust -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1.00);
    Add in -> Knob 1 -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0.75);
    Add out -> Unit On;

It takes a while to get everything mapped, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it as everything is laid out in front of you. Also you haven't been specific enough so you may need to change things around or add the effect slot mode if you want to use advanced or chained effects, but again it's not that hard to achieve. but the best way for you to learn it is to just try things out, you can't break anything.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

thanks.. I am trying to create the freeze echo / freeze delay to one button.. really finding it hard.. I have done all my mapping for cues / delete cues, loops and single effects.. trying to find out what effects are used in the freeze echo effect.. don't suppose u know do u ?? an thanks the above reply has helped im a step further than I was

it's just the delay, delay T3 or ramp delay in advanced mode. button two is the freeze, If I only had one button to work with I would make it so the first time you press the button you activate the effect, on the next press you activate the freeze, on the third press you turn off the effect.

I also made it so if you hold button on the first press you will increase the feedback size. Don't know how to make leds blink so the led will always be on when the effect is active.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Find Echo freeze mapping parameters under the Ultimate FX Thread.