Worktops
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worktops

Default Worktops

I was looking through the "Show your setup" thread and at the same time thinking "Man I need to get a new Desk/Worktop", some of you have some pretty nice worktops. Any advice where to get a decent one? Just looking for something fairly plain but modern looking, quite wide to fit all my gear on.

Nowt too fancy, if anyone has any suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

Default Re: Worktops

there was some desk that's pretty popular for djs I've seen a lot of people using from ikea. I can't rememer the name though, might try looking their shit up, it's usually got that "simple but modern" feel to it
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Default Re: Worktops

*popular for djs on DJF

:P
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

What i did was buy a big panel of wood, got some big ass wall brackets and mounted the piece of wood to the wall. Varnished it up and it looks mint

Cost me next to nothing to do aswell, cant complain about that

Actually also bought another panel of wood (same size), got them to cut it down the middle at the store, then mounted these above the table so i have 2 cheap shelves too.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I have to clear it off but I have a plank of wood velcro'd down to a keyboard stand. It's actually a good height for standing and DJing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I'm in the process of either designing my own workspace, or buying something suitable. I found that 90cm in height was ideal for me. (Not sure what everyone else thinks?)

So i'm still looking for ideas,but if something turns up at the right price. I'll take that instead of building something.

Cheers
    Lee

www.djdeckstands.com if your in uk
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I got myn from ikea, could just do with some speaker stands to free up some space. Sadly the vci and audio 4 have gone, looking to replace them soon with some more goodies

MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    What i did was buy a big panel of wood, got some big ass wall brackets and mounted the piece of wood to the wall. Varnished it up and it looks mint

Cost me next to nothing to do aswell, cant complain about that

Actually also bought another panel of wood (same size), got them to cut it down the middle at the store, then mounted these above the table so i have 2 cheap shelves too.
    You got any photos you could upload, or are they in the "Show Your Setup" thread? Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for a tutorial on how to make one :P

Just checked out http://www.djdeckstands.com/ some pretty nice stuff there too!

some friend of mine used a ikea expedit and mounted another board to it for the laptop. unfortunately i got no picture at hand but this one looks similiar thought its also a bit more advanced built:

if you into the diy thing browse through that thread and get some inspiration. also heard that reloop are building some fine tables, maybe thats the way to go for you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast