traktor pro 2 effects
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor pro 2 effects

hello all, quick question.. I have traktor z2 mixer with technics 1210's on timecode and novation dicers.. I have been mapping my dicers to effects with preset parameters.. im doing quite well... I have 4 effects panels open and what I want to know is for example...

effect panel 3 is (single) can I map 1 button of dicer to lets say delay with set parameters so when I push that button it jumps to that effect (delay) with its preset value.. then can I map a different button to use the same effect panel (panel 3) but to jump to a different effect (lets say beatmasher) with a different value..

when mapping is complete when different buttons are pressed effect panel 3 swaps the effects according to how I map the buttons as at the moment the effects don't change when I have set them to change.. don't know what I am doing wrong

thanks

I'm going to be the forum nazi here. Stop opening threads that are all related, and for the love of science use a descriptive name for your thread to make it searchable and more accessible to others or at least put it in the correct thread. The only reason I opened this thread was I recognised your name. Praise science!!

Yes you can do that. You just need to map in

Add in -> Effect 1 Selector -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> Assignment('FX Unit 3') -> value('beatmasher');
    add in -> Knob 1 -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> assignment('FX Unit 3') -> value('whatever');
    add in -> Knob 2 -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> assignment('FX Unit 3') -> value('whatever');
    add in -> Knob 3 -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> assignment('FX Unit 3') -> value('whatever');

You may not need to map in all the knobs as some might start where you want them to be if you have selected "restore parameters when switching effects" in settings -> effects
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Probably missing store preset command.

what does store preset do? it tried it and it did nothing

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It saves snapshot so you can select and engage an effect in a single press. NI have added it in 2.5 when they have joined group and advance mode into one page.

ah, now I see, it will save the preset with the name, I was trying to save and load with the same button but that wasn't working, it needs to be two separate buttons or a shifted command. That's pretty cool.