Looking at acquiring an RMX1000 but have a few questions for use in Abelton

Default Looking at acquiring an RMX1000 but have a few questions for use in Abelton

Hey all,
    I'm interested in adding an RMX1000 but not entirely sure if it will work well with my setup.
    I'm using two CDJ2000 and a Xonedb4. As many may know the Xone does not natively Send/Return so I'm looking at using the RMX as an EFX unit in Abelton during my sets. So my signal path is CDJ to mixer via digital, mixer to Abelton via USB, Abelton back to mixer. My concern is whether or not the RMX can internally determine BPM while running as a VST in Abelton or if I'll have to manually adjust Abelton's tempo via MIDI. If I have to manually set tempo would I have sync/phase issues with the audio signal from the CDJs? I'm hoping it would just be a generic tempo that the VST/RMX would "react" to when an effect in engaged and not reliant upon a 4/4 count inside Abelton--meaning that although the tempo is correct, an effect would be out of phase with the original audio signal.

Hope this makes sense. I tried posting in the Pioneer forums a few days ago but my post still hasn't been approved yet...for wtv reason.

Thanks

If you're running the RMX as a VST in Abeton Live, then the sync issue you'll have is getting Ableton's tempo sync'd to the CDJ's.

To be honest, you'd probably be better off just using the RMX as hardware on your master channel from your mixer.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks for the reply Patch.
    Yeah the sync issue between CDJ and Abelton has me concerned, BUT if it is just a numerical value I can manually adjust that via MIDI control on my db4. So say for instance I've a track playing at 125 BPM I can just adjust the tempo in Abelton to 125 and be good to go. Or would I? Let's say I have adjusted the tempo then would I need to beat match Abelton's metronome to the track to get something that isn't a train wreck?
    I think you already answered that for me but I just want to be sure I understood you. Man, I really love the db4 but it's lack of proper Send/Return is frustrating. Not having the RMX per channel but on a master out set up would not really work for me.

Cheers and thanks!

Unfortunately, you WOULD have to beatmatch Ableton to the CDJ's.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Unfortunately, you WOULD have to beatmatch Ableton to the CDJ's.
    Right. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Right. Thanks for confirming that for me.
    I'd have to agree with Patch, might just be best to run the RMX 1000 as your master.

http://danlin.de/projekte/crossclock/

Interesting video...though not entirely related to my problem. However, Rekordbox is developed by the same company that makes Mixvibes...wish there was some way to interpret the beat grid data from Pioneer CDJs via USB or ethernet to software--without hacking that is.

Default Looking at acquiring an RMX1000 but have a few questions for use in Abelton

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    http://danlin.de/projekte/crossclock/

Interesting video...though not entirely related to my problem. However, Rekordbox is developed by the same company that makes Mixvibes...wish there was some way to interpret the beat grid data from Pioneer CDJs via USB or ethernet to software--without hacking that is.
    I never understand people who have db4 wanting to get an rmx1000.

Aren't the fx on the db4 supposed to be the best ever?! That's probably why they didn't put a send return on they thought Jo one should need to add fx...

Personally I just prefer Djm 900 over db4 anyway but if I had spent big money on pio Cdj 2ks too and wanted an rmx1000 I would sell the db4 and get a djm 900. Then everything syncs up. Lights on platters, bpm, send return, everything...

Not 100% why u would not?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I never understand people who have db4 wanting to get an rmx1000.

Aren't the fx on the db4 supposed to be the best ever?! That's probably why they didn't put a send return on they thought Jo one should need to add fx...

Personally I just prefer Djm 900 over db4 anyway but if I had spent big money on pio Cdj 2ks too and wanted an rmx1000 I would sell the db4 and get a djm 900. Then everything syncs up. Lights on platters, bpm, send return, everything...

Not 100% why u would not?
    I purchased the db4 a couple of years ago and have always favored A&H. CDJs I purchased last year.
    Dont get me wrong the FX on the db4 are freaking awesome but sometimes a bit too subtle for what I primarily have to mix for locals--ProgHouse, electroHouse, HipHop and Trap.
    But you are 100% correct and bring up a valid point with the integration between Pioneer products. I didn't really become very interested in the RMX until recently since I've pretty much shelved Traktor. It's just been difficult to shelve the db4.