Silver VCI-100 SE
    Tech Wizard

Default Silver VCI-100 SE

Hey Ean,

The black VCI 100 is cute and all, but I like the silver. Any plans to produce silver VCI 100 SEs?

Cheers...

Tech Wizard

buy a standard one then get the firmware update? think that is what the rest of us will be doing, just don't buy the black plate.
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

We are making overlays that will change silver vci-100s to black and list the vci-100se functions. I want to make one other color and had considered white. Any other suggestions?

Tech Mentor

I think black is the acclaim color by all djs. Black should only be, the color to represent the controller SE. Bringing up different colors should be the consumers choice, in this case.
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    We are making overlays that will change silver vci-100s to black and list the vci-100se functions. I want to make one other color and had considered white. Any other suggestions?
    would it be "mac book" white?

what about a "button" upgrade? new soft buttons + white fader nobbs would be nice...
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

'Mac' white would be a good idea! Give the mac users the coordinated look to their set up.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Im thinking about painting mine black with 2 red racing striped down the middle, hopefully the racing stripes with help me mash arcade buttons faster.

Put a nice, big, loud exhaust pipe on it too. With a handle so you can rev it! Then you will definitely be faster.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

The arcade buttons are red too, hopefully it should look pretty snazzy.
    For the moment i'm just going to paint it and worry about labels down the track, i've done great up to date without any labels, thats one good thing about doing your own extensive mappings - by the time your done with them you know them like the back of your hand. I try to keep my mappings really intuative so i'm not scratching my head thinking what does what, alot easier said than done :\ Progress is slow but very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Put a nice, big, loud exhaust pipe on it too. With a handle so you can rev it! Then you will definitely be faster.
    Mod 2 of the little knobs and wire them to motorbike handles coming out the VCI, so its a VCI with a chopper handles on it that you can rev to warp the music
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-15-2008 at 01:11 PM.