Traktor Audio 6 or Komplete Audio 6?

Default Traktor Audio 6 or Komplete Audio 6?

This feels like a really noob question to me, but I can't figure it out.

What's the difference between the Traktor Audio 6 vs the Komplete Audio 6?
    Why would someone want the TA6 over the KA6?
    In what situations would the TA6 be better than the KA6?

Basically, I have 4trak which has a built in sound card so I've never really needed an audio interface. But now I'm going to get a Z1, which has no soundcard, so I would need an audio interface to use headphones, correct?

I'm not really sure which audio interface I should buy. I produce music occasionally, and I have borrowed a friends audio interface in the past if I needed to use a mic.

I'm also going to be purchasing KRK Rokit 8s relatively soon, should this impact my decision of KA6 or TA6?

I'm pretty much completely at a loss when it comes to stuff like soundcards/audio interfaces. I have a pretty basic understanding of Ins/Outs, but for some reason I feel completely lost in this situation.

These questions are really bugging me, so thanks in advance for whoever helps me out.
    If this is confusing, or you need something clarified, just ask.

TA6 controls timecode with 3 decks (6 stereo ins/6 stereo outs), buy this if you are going to use an external mixer plus turntables/cdjs

while the KA6 has 4 analog ins/outs, plus digital in/out, and MIDI in/out. mostly for production but can be used if you are going to mix internally. and does not control timecode.

the z1 has an interface built in. its just not timecode supported, if you are going for the z1, no need to buy additional interface as you can monitor on it using your headphones and connect it to the krks you are planning to buy
    Last edited by arsman; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Ahhhh I see that headphones can be used directly with the z1! Don't know how I missed that...

After running into a few near catastrophies with my S2 and Midi Fighters (mostly booth space), I decided to go the modular route. Now I bring my Z1, X1, TA6, timecode and two midi fighters. That pretty much accounts for any situation I might run into.

If there's absolutely no extra room in the booth, I opt for my TA6 and timecode (or X1) or HID (if availabile). If there's plenty of room, but the mixer is suspect, I use my Z1, X1 and MF's.
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook