import taxes on 100se's etc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default import taxes on 100se's etc

Anyone from Uk here who bought DjTT 100 se or arcade version that did or didnt have to pay import duty?

I was getting ready to buy and notice that if i get it here then it works out better than buying uk version, just wondering if anyone from uk made a purchase or not?

If not I will have to get mixvibes version then get f/w kit and overlay.

Tech Convert

I'm wondering the same thing as I've bought things from the States before to save a little money etc and then import taxes have put the price to over what i'd have paid here so very interested in knowing this. And if anyone has paid import taxes, how much was it roughly?

I had to pay import duty on my SE overlay. Was very annoying think it was about 10-12 quid or something. I don't know if weight effects this price though. So might be more to get a VCI shipped in.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If it isnt clearly marked as a GIFT by DJTTs then you will indeed get hit for tax and it will be around 70quid !!!

I got my Traktor Scratch from the US and it was cool as it was marked as a GIFT and wrapped in plain brown paper.
    I bought a watch from the US which was also marked as a GIFT but the frickin Postal Mark obscured it so i got hit for tax on it.

Its not like you can even argue with Customs cus they are in the right to tax any import.

I guess DJTTs knows how to do this properly.

Iv never been charged import tax, ever. Ordered usb cables and a firmware kit on 2 different occasions (they wernt marked as a gift) and they arrived with no charge.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Mentor

Default Chances

It's a take a chance thing, as you can't say for sure .Just seeing when some 100se's will be ready and take it from there i suppose

When you place an order make sure to mail orders@djtechtools.com and get them to mark the order is as a gift to help avoid the taxes

Tech Student

i was also wondering this as i am wanting to purchase the vci100se, i'm sure i read marking as a gift can have implications on the postal insurance if the parcel is lost/damaged and could also land the sender/reciever in trouble if it's found out not to be a gift?

can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks

email orders@djtechtools.com before ordering to get the full story, i dont do the store work so its hard to say - mailing the store will get all the answers you need

Feel free to come back here and share the reply you get if you wish too, might help others out.

I paid £27.45 in VAT and £8 to Parcelforce in clearance fees... No import duty, I think the VCI is classed as a computer part so it's zero rated... I would recommend emailing Phil at Techtools when you place your order...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast