How Did Your First Club Gig Go?

Default How Did Your First Club Gig Go?

Curious to see how everyone's first club gig went.

Tech Mentor

My first gig was actually my dream gig. I spun for 3.5 hours, then Carlo Lio came on as a guest (it was his friend's bday I was spinning, rented out a club on a Thursday) and spun for 45min. After he was done I closed off with another hour or so. He said I did pretty good and he chewed out two sobby bitches who were giving me a hard time for not playing enough (or any) trance. Still one of the highlights of my life for sure.

good, played an opening set, didn't wreck too much, had some people dancing in the end

Tech Wizard

my first Club gigs was a really dream... it was a opening 21:00-01:00 - 4hour set...
    at the beginning there was no body how listened to my music.
    23:00 danced a lot people... and at the end there was a very magic spirit and there was a lot of energy in the room.(floor was full, the Party got 3 Floors, i played at the biggist one) the next djs(it was a team) played and i take all my stuff out of the dj booth. i saved all my equiment and go back to make some party.... now the floor was empty ... all night long... till 6:00....
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

Still waiting for my first gig...

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    Still waiting for my first gig...
    Waiting for one isn't going to be fun. You need to get out and meet people.

As for me, it went rather fine. I had a lot of getting used to when it came to volume levels. Big difference from the bedroom and/or small bars.

I played 6-10 in the club's outdoor garden/smoking area/2nd room before the main room opened. All good, lots of mates showed up and had a good time in the summer sun
    The headliner hadn't showed up for the main party so the promoter asked me to play the last hour 3-4. Few nerves & shaky hands dropping in my first tune but transitioned smoothly. Cue'd up my second track, fader up, mix in, bang! The crowd lap it up and I'm beaming from ear to ear. That is until I pressed CUE on the live CDJ killing the music completely. With no time to react I just drummed the cue point (first beat) a couple of times and hit play again. Don't think anyone noticed, or let on that they did, and played on until close. That wouldn't be the last time I made the same mistake either.

Tech Mentor

First time in a club (capacity of ±200 I guess) I got sent home after some hours. I sucked. Now, about a year later, I play on a weekly basis there. So being sent home should never have to be the end of your opportunity somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Waiting for one isn't going to be fun. You need to get out and meet people.

As for me, it went rather fine. I had a lot of getting used to when it came to volume levels. Big difference from the bedroom and/or small bars.
    I can't wait sucks being under 18, been playing in bars etc. though

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.