Question about transition between songs
    Tech Convert

Default Question about transition between songs

Hello!

I'm new to all of this, so I have a couple of questions.. If anyone could help me out I would greately appreciate it!!!

I go to as many electronic music events as I can, and I notied that sometimes DJs use certain effects to transition from one song to the next... sometimes they'll stop the song, but it doesn't stop dry, it kinda echoes a little bit.
    Other times there this white noise type of effect in between songs... Im assuming this one is a sample but im not sure.... And lastly, sometimes the do this thing where the song slowly comes stop...

...can anyone tell me how to do these things??? my step up is traktor pro 2 (with an s4)

thank you very much!!

Tech Wizard

The white noise is probably just some reverb, if you throw on some reverb and stop the deck the reverb will continue and fade out over time. The echo is usually the delay with the freeze button selected. this will cause the track to echo out, you could also use the Lazer Slicer for this and you get a more abrupt but similar effect.

Play around with these and you'll start to see how it all fits together. Plus as you sound new to the DJ'ing lark have a look on youtube for tutorial videos which will show you a lot of this stuff, but you can always ask here as well. (Just be careful as some people get annoyed if its 'read the manual' stuff)

Enjoy!!

Tech Guru

Google and YouTube each of those things, and make sure to include the word Traktor. They can be done in Traktor .

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geraldt View Post
    And lastly, sometimes the do this thing where the song slowly comes stop...
    That's a TurntableFX in Traktor. You can check the ultimate FX thread in Mappings forum to find out all the mapping parameters that you'll need to enter in your custom mapping.

Reverb. FTW!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Convert

Default big thanks

thank you all for the tips!!! I will give that a try!