Adding DJM-900 Nexus and EFX-1000
    Tech Wizard

Default Adding DJM-900 Nexus and EFX-1000

Hello all!

I am looking for any help/insight into the upcoming addition to my rig. I have done extensive research and decided to purchase a DJM-900 Nexus and was also looking to get an EFX-1000, using both in conjunction for mixing and producing. If anyone has used either or both I would love to hear your feedback on the gear and using this set-up; good or bad. Thank you very much!

*if it's any help I use ableton live 9 with a launchpad(original) and also getting an Alesis Q49. I play every genre of music.

I really appreciate the discussion and help! =)

I don't see why you would limit yourself to Pioneer's FX when you have Ableton at your fingertips. It's one of the biggest things about using Ableton, you get those crazy chains.

Pioneer does it well, and is amazing for decks and a mixer, but once you add Ableton? I feel like you are spending a lot of money and selling yourself short. Investing into a good controller (like an Livid Ohm) and some new FX VST's I feel would be a more sound investment if you're going to stick with Ableton.

That's my honest opinion at least.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Thank you Bassline Brine for your honest opinion. Your info and advice is exactly what I'm looking to hear. Yes, I plan to stick with Ableton because I know and love it. The only controllers I have heard of and played with are the popular ones (which never suited my tastes).

The Livid Ohm you mentioned looks fantastic and definitely one I could work with. The main reason I mention the 900 Nexus is because my friend who owns a production company recommended it and I know that the clubs I would play at have it already. And if I wanted to switch to cdj's later on I would already have a perfect mixer. I really like the nicer Allen & Heath line, but I am not looking to spend $3,000 on one right now.

You are completely right about a good controller being a more sound investment and I will research more into the Ohm you mentioned. Thank you for the suggestion; I really do appreciate it!

Tech Wizard

Thank you Bassline Brine for your honest opinion. Your info and advice is exactly what I'm looking to hear. Yes, I plan to stick with Ableton because I know and love it. The only controllers I have heard of and played with are the popular ones (which never suited my tastes).

The Livid Ohm you mentioned looks fantastic and definitely one I could work with. The main reason I mention the 900 Nexus is because my friend who owns a production company recommended it and I know that the clubs I would play at have it already. And if I wanted to switch to cdj's later on I would already have a perfect mixer. I really like the nicer Allen & Heath line, but I am not looking to spend $3,000 on one right now.

You are completely right about a good controller being a more sound investment and I will research more into the Ohm you mentioned. Thank you for the suggestion; I really do appreciate it!

Tech Wizard

Any more opinions on the 900 Nexus?