Which 4Ch Mixer for a Traktor 2x Kontrol X1 setup?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Which 4Ch Mixer for a Traktor 2x Kontrol X1 setup? Pioneer or Denon

I played at a foam party and someone managed to empty a bucket full of soap water over my equipment. My MacBook is dead and while my Xone:92 and two Kontrol X1s are still being serviced, chances are slim that they can be fixed. The Audio 10 however seems to have survived. No one pays btw so I am picking up the bill. You live and learn...

Anyways, I will be replacing the X1s with the newer MKII model, but I am undecided as the what mixer I should be getting. I actually don't want to spend the money on a Xone:92 anymore, since I am playing less in clubs and bars. DJing is becoming more a hobby to me nowadays, so I'd like to stay below $1000 mark.

Currently I am looking at the Pioneer DJM-750 or the Denon DN-X1600. I am not sure whether the Denon is already outdated, or still able to compare to more recent products. Any input on these two or any other recommendation would be great.

BTW, I was also thinking about to just get a S4 and be done with it. Anyone made a switch to all-in-one controller and is nor regretting it? I believe I am more comfortable with a 'real' mixer and modular controller setup.
    Last edited by Reha; 11-24-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Tech Guru

Woooow...

That sucks I hope you got paid a fuckton for that gig.

I switched from controller to external mixing (and I'm a bedroom DJ). I just don't like the internal mixer.

I have the Denon X1500 which is super awesome for what I'm doing. The X1600 looks even better, you can ask Jester I think. You can pick them up for like 600 used which is a steal IMO. Way better than any Pioneer offering in the range.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

most will tell you to get the denon x1600. its already scratch certified. no sound card needed.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Convert

SlvrDragon50: I didn't get paid anything - it was organized by a "friend of a friend" for her Birthday, and I was silly enough to DJ without a written contract. In order not to be liable for the damages, she refuses to recognize our verbal agreement and doesn't pay for anything. I do have the money to replace the equipment - even though it hurts - but I feel really sorry for the kid, who saves several years for a setup like this, just to be screwed by people like her.

lesson learned.

next time, no foams/water/soap and idiots near the gear!
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Guru

I'd feel so guilty if I were your friend. I know very few people who could front the costs to pay for all those repairs though. That's expensive!!

Good luck!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Gutted to hear that, as Slvr said I'd feel absolutely devastated if I were your friend.

As for the new mixer, I've had an x-1600 a couple of years now and absolutely love it. I've recently started using it as my Traktor Scratch interface and it works fantastic, it also has several additional dedicated midi-buttons/encoders.

I havn't touched a DJM750 but when I brought mine I was comparing it to the DJM700 and the x-1600 had noticably better faders and also has the fantastic input matrix. These two things swung it for me (I wasn't looking to use DJ software at the time). I would imagine the DJM750 has probably improved in this area since the 700, but I would still probably buy the x-1600 for the Traktor certification and dedicated midi section.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with either however.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

djm600 + 2 x1's was nice, but x1600 + 2 x1's is a perfect setup for me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Xone 42?
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Convert

I am not really interested in the Xone42. I bought the Xone92 because it is a very commonly used mixer, which was installed in several clubs I played. It also has the extra two channels if needed. Since I am going digital only I'd rather have a mixer with midi capabilities.
    The only concern I have with the Denon is that it's essentially 3 years old and there might be an updated version coming out soon. I heard that the Pioneer 750 is close to what the Denon offers, but has better effects.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast