Record companies that are hiring.
    Tech Wizard

Default Record companies that are hiring.

Saw a few listings for people who are interested in interning.

http://hypejobs.com/jobs/intern/

http://hypejobs.com/jobs/professional-recording-studio/

Tech Wizard

first one wants a social media bitch, second listing I don't get it it just looks like an advertisement for their studio

Quote Originally Posted by VagabondZ View Post
    first one wants a social media bitch,
    nothing wrong there. Everything leads to something else
    and besides, do you really think the only responsibility they would give is social media updating?
    As always with anyplace, they will dump more things on your desk. And when (if) they see you are good at it,
    theyll want to see what else you are good at.

If i were you, id walk into that office and introduce yourself has "HEAD BITCH THEY NEED"

Tech Wizard

"Responsibilities

Creation & maintenance of Artist “Portals”
    Blogging
    Social Media & promotion
    Finding new EDM & Hip Hop music
    Actively thinking of new ways to advance the site "

would not lead to anything else unless you're purely looking to get into the field of marketing. If you're looking for some kind of creative or technical career this kind of internship is completely useless.

Vaga, lets be honest here. You have a job yes? Are you ONLY doing the things that were posted in the classified ad?
    To be honest. the company i work at was looking for a machine operator.
    That was just short of two years ago.... and now..... i know how to operate more department then guys who have been at the same company for 20 years.

Dont worry about what it "says", you can push your experiences at any company farther in almost any direction the company needs to fill.

Tech Wizard

yeah I have a job. I also had experience trying to break into the recording industry wasting time with 'internships' like the one posted. they are just looking for free labor, they are not going to give you more responsibilities, and my experience is not unique.

you are correct
    but your experience with them is not cross board either.
    i have worked at 3 different radio stations and each one was completely different in what i was allowed to do, and how far i was able to get in the same period of time
    Instead of answering with such a negative comment which could deter someone from gaining a good, and currently open seat at something even you wanted so badly, ya might want to just make a few points of interest from your experience.
    Because all in all, its not 100% negative.

Tech Wizard

you're right, their experience could differ - the ad just reeks of the same stuff from the openings I went with. did lots of menial work, finished things before I was supposed to, asked for more things to do, was always told they have nothing else to offer me. looked at openings for things closer to what I wanted to do, didn't get them because my experience answering emails and getting coffee was not relevant. said screw this, decided to change careers got certifications for IT, then got a job.