Club Night horror! A comeback story
    Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Default Club Night horror! A comeback story

- First - Step into the club &it's eeemty - I have to say getting booked with exactly an hours notice to get to the spot isn't exactly enough time to invite many people.
    - Secondly - They tell my 19yearold girlfriend she has to dip (21&Over, I'm 23) Pull some strings - tell 'em she runs effects, after some hassle she gets to stay.
    - Third - &It only gets worse - Set up my computer, soundcard, mixer, &kp3 then run it threw the clubs mixer &suuuper low out put (volume)

+ friend hasn't finished my metal flake paint job so oxygen 8's out of commish

Mess with stuff for a little then finally, disconnect my kp3 & mixer and plug straight into the club mixer (djm 800) to find out my soundcards f*&%ed. Followed by the resident dj handing me SL1 with No Drivers and another giving me a wireless net card without plug&play drivers...

Honestly, at this point Im almost out the door - I see people piling in & wanna play &In the corner of my eye i see a computer with an activated WiFi icon -with- an external harddrive hooked up, hahah - juuumped on it, went to Serado, downloaded SL1, threw it on the external, loaded it on my pc, configured it in Ableton, & blasted that rap club with my craziest indy-electro-experimental-electronic floor crushers, like i was back in Caalifornia

*thought my musical style would have me 86'd for sure, were talking a nice night club where Lil Jon played this past memorial weekend, hah but through and through got the invite to come back next week, good thing i hung in.
    Last edited by LiveFastStephen; 10-03-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: OCD

Man how has dj'ing become so nerdy these days? lol

great save on such a short notice!
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Nice to hear you made a strong comeback

Quote Originally Posted by chex View Post
    Man how has dj'ing become so nerdy these days? lol
    It takes brains to compete with all the other millions of djs

Tech Guru

cool man.

youre in oc huh? we should grab a beer or something sometime. im in anaheim

sounds like i should install serato on my macbook as a backup just incase i forget my audio8 or traktor starts bugging out.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    cool man.

youre in oc huh? we should grab a beer or something sometime. im in anaheim

Dope I'm from east Anaheim, grew up there but currently live in LHC Arizona
    i was just saying i was rockin' out "like i was still in so cal" but in Arizona.
    hah which is not my element nor my musics...

- but yea when i get back out there we'll for sure take you partying with the neighbors that you always heard bumping music until 4am but never met///

&thanks for all the positive responses, this community is legit.
    Last edited by LiveFastStephen; 10-04-2009 at 04:46 AM. Reason: ocd

Good work on the big save. Quick thinking throughout man!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro