Traktor Crashy on Write Tags

Default Traktor Crashy on Write Tags

Who wants to read my crash log ?!!!

Traktor crashes when writing tags. It's not just a single wonky MP3 because it happens with regularity. I'll add a song to my collection. It will analyze just fine, but will hang on writing tags and crash.

I did a fresh install of Traktor tonight with a blank collection to try and shake the problem but it persisted.

Things to know:
    I use an external drive
    I process my MP3s through Rapid Evolution: Mix Share first to find the key, and then write the key to tags
    The problem happens even if I try and add songs that are locally saved, as well as those stored externally.

Really, can you read a crash log?

This has happened to me a couple of times with the update, but only if i mass edit a whole bunch of new tunes whilst they are being analysed. I have noticed tho that if there is even a slight problem with a corrupt file or tag traktor tends to crashe. Usually when this happened to me i would find the guilty tune and take it round the back of the shed and execute it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you send your Crash Log to NI Support they will be able to read the Log and maybe isolate the dodgy MP3 if thats the cause.

Tech Wizard

I actually had this had during a live set, this past Friday. Traktor just froze up on me. I had to have the guest DJ spin a trak for me while I rolled back to a previous ver of Traktor. The sound of dead silence.