Ive changed more setups than ive played this year....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Ive changed more setups than ive played this year....

Anyone else had this problem when starting out? I've been playing for about 2 years now. just in the last 4 months ive decided it was more than just a hobby. I've changed setups like 5 this year alone... i had an S2 and switched to an S4 which was awesome! then i added two F1's. then i switched to a 2 channel numark mixer and two CMP.800's because i liked the feel and sound of analog mixers but then i got bored with the CMP 800's and went back to the S4 for a few months. Now currently have a 4 channel analog mixer, Audio 6, and two kontrol x1 mk1. I really like this setup because of the 4 channel mixer. I loved the sound and feel of a real mixer.

Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked?? Maybe i should start concentrating on getting gigs instead lol
    - 2 Gemini CDJ 700 - DJM 750 -

https://soundcloud.com/alfredclayton

Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked??
    Almost everybody.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by alfredw1 View Post
    Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked?? Maybe i should start concentrating on getting gigs instead lol
    When I started out I bought a very cheap €100,- controller with VDJ. When I felt I got the hang of it I upgraded to the DDJ-T1 so it would look more professional while getting gigs. After more than a year with it and climbing out of a financial hole thanks to DJ'ing I spoiled myself a few months back with the DDJ-SX. Would love a DJM900+3xCDJ2000 but simply can't afford it. Wouldn't make any sense to put such expensive equipment at home while I'm a bachelor student.

I'm doing it right now lol
    CHECK OUT MY MIXES! - MIXCRATE - SOUNDCLOUD

Tech Wizard

sweet so im not the only one lol Many Thanks!
    - 2 Gemini CDJ 700 - DJM 750 -

https://soundcloud.com/alfredclayton

Quote Originally Posted by alfredw1 View Post
    Anyone else had this problem when starting out?
    I've been DJing less then a year. Don't make me take pictures of all the controllers I have went through...

Guilty as charged, but i think it's starting to pan out now.......he says.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Im not yet a real dj and just started out last march. Started from a denon mc2000 got an f1. Sold the controller to get dvs - 2channel mixer 1tt traktor a6. Traded my f1 for an x1. And bought a midi fighter 3d. Havent really found what i want because i am thinking to get another controller. Probably traktor s4. Hope that i can find the right stuff for me as i dont have cash for the holidays.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

I started off with an S4, then 2 years later I switched to CDJ's & DJM and I don't think i'm ever going to change the setup I have now. However, I have been adding a lot of production toys .

I can definately relate to this.

I got back into DJing in a big way a few years ago having not played much since 2002-2003, so sold a car and purchased my x-1600 and a pair of CDJ900s. Subsequently purchased my pair of pdx2000mk2s from a mate. Then picked up a citronic cdm 7:2 mixer to have a second vinyl-only setup upstairs. Then acquired a Stanton SK-Six battle mixer from the local classifieds. Then picked up a 1210M3d which along with my old SA600mk2 TT gave me 4 vinyl turntables... Then swapped the CDJ900s for the SC2900s just over a year ago... Now just recently purchased a laptop and Traktor Scratch pro... And I'm currently having very naughty thoughts about a Pioneer DJM T-1 so that I can use Scratch Pro with both my living room & upstairs setups (I justify my purchase of a second Traktor certified mixer on the basis that I REALLY hate needless wires)...

The problem I have is not so much the constant acquisitions, more my inability to actually sell stuff. Therefore aside from the CDJ900s that I p/x'd, I still have every piece of equipment listed above. Along with my initial DJ gear from 2002-03. I simply tell my girlfriend that this is pefectly normal for DJs...
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast