Can someone the Traktor Minimum system requirements to me?

Default Can someone the Traktor Minimum system requirements to me?

Edit: I meant "explain"

I'm looking for a new laptop, but I'm confused about the names that are given to processors when I look at them.

On the Native Instruments page it says the minimum system requirements are: Windows 7 or 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

But what exactly is an Intel Core 2 Duo or an AMD Athlon 64 x2?

When I look I see Intel core i3, i5, and i7, but also Intel Celeron. For AMD's I see AMD E-1, A4, A6, and A7.

I've tried searching all over but can't to seem to find any online reference.

I've seen people on here say that an Intel i3 isn't the best, so go for i5 or i7, but I've decided to explore AMD's and now I'm totally lost.

Tech Wizard

Core 2 Duo and Athlon 64 x2 are outdated designs and (99% sure) out of production. That means that any newer multicore CPU with same clock frequency should have better (or at least equal) performance.

What I can say is to go for i5 or i7. My laptop has i5 and there's really not been any problems with processing power. Most likely i3 would be enough (at least for home use) but you can't really have too much processing power when it comes to real-time audio. I don't know about AMD CPU:s, but I've heard that Intel's are somewhat superior.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Guru

i3s are a moderate upgrade from a Core2Duo. Getting tons of CPU power does not significantly improve Traktor performance, and getting a higher spec CPU e.g. an i7 does not decrease the likelyhood of dropouts compared to an i3.

If you're looking at AMD, I would only consider an A6 or above.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB