Will you save my life or am i just a noob not worthy of saving?

Default Will you save my life or am i just a noob not worthy of saving?

Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum and to the sport :-) Good to find you all on here.

I seem to have an issue hopefully you can help me with. Have searched throught the forum and didn't find something already posted. Hopefully i didn't miss it if it is on here.

I've contacted the local supplier of Vestax here in Melbourne and they have not got back to me in 4 weeks.

I've mailed Vestax global support and they haven't got back in 1 week.

Here is my issue. So my controller was working ok.

One day as i try to power it on, nothing. No lights. The only thing that does work is the red "Adaptor" LED blinking. And when I connect the USB cable, the orange USB LED lights up. But the controller is not recognised as connected and nothing works.

Am I missing something obvious here? Everything is in working order. All plugged in and ok obviously :-)

Also just a quick question as to whether the headphone out on the vci 400 should always work as in an analogue mixer or if it needs routing through Traktor or something.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys/gals.

Take care,

FunkySardine

If you are on windows try re-installing the drivers.

If not contact Vestax directly.

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

Yes I am on Windows and have tried a re-install. The install goes through but then comes up with "Device not Connected".

I guess I can wait for Vestax to reply. It's just summer, who's going to want to play music during the summer :-)

Vestax support is pretty bad. Just threaten them that you will approach the minister for consumer affairs if you don't get assistance in a timely manner. They will get back to you pretty quickly and you will get personal service.

But yeah try the drivers and maybe the firmware. Also make sure the usb connects to you computer, if not replace the cable. Although I just turned mine on and the lights should come on even without it being connected so It may be something else.. Remember with Australian Consumer Law you can take it back the either the store you bought it from or the manufacturer either/both are required to assist you.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Vestax support is pretty bad. Just threaten them that you will approach the minister for consumer affairs if you don't get assistance in a timely manner. They will get back to you pretty quickly and you will get personal service.

But yeah try the drivers and maybe the firmware. Also make sure the usb connects to you computer, if not replace the cable. Although I just turned mine on and the lights should come on even without it being connected so It may be something else.. Remember with Australian Consumer Law you can take it back the either the store you bought it from or the manufacturer either/both are required to assist you.
    Yes. It's been a while. They've been total dogs over at vestax. The problem being that I don't have the purchase receipt. Then I tell them to just look at the vci's serial number and tell me if it's under warranty. So they ramble about the "old distributor" not registering serial numbers and crap like that. Anyway I've had enough of them. they now say that what it needs is a new I/O control board. They want $500 for the repair.

No way I'm giving them another cent. Anybody know where I can find a parts list for the vci. Or maybe somebody here knows the part number for the control board so I can order it straight from the electronics supplier.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh and of course......NEVER AGAIN VESTAX OR ANY PRODUCT FROM THEIR AUSSIE DISTRIBUTOR. Their "Innovative" approach to "Audio" and customer service is disgraceful.

Tech Convert

Sounds like your power supply is knackered, mine did the same, if your jogs dont light up this would be my first suspect, try it with a replacement psu,