Audio 2 DJ malfunctioning! Master always playing through monitor
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio 2 DJ malfunctioning! Master always playing through monitor

Hey,

So i finally got some down time to practice mixing (i pretty much a complete beginner) I hooked up my audio 2 DJ and VCI 100 and loaded up traktor. But i noticed regardless of whether or not the monitor button is pressed i always hear the main output through my monitor.

I have my audio 2 DJ's output A hooked into my guitar amp and output B into my headphones.

Traktor is configured as such:

Output Monitor:
    L 3: Out: Ch B Left
    R 4: Out: CH B Right

Output Master:
    L 1: Out: Ch A Left
    L 2: Out: Ch A Right

This is what i believe should be the correct set up since my output A is my guitar amp (simulating the speaker system the audience hears), and B is hooked directly into my headphones.

The problem, though, is whenever i play a track both the A and B outputs are receiving it even when the monitor button is not checked on traktor! I something wrong with my setup or is my audio 2 dj broken?

It definitely isnt an issue with the amp or the headphones, because I removed both and just hit play on traktor and both the A and B lights are lighting up even though i do not have the monitor button clicked.
    Last edited by silman; 12-03-2013 at 02:49 AM.

If the monitor mix knob is somewhere near the middle, you will hear everything through both outputs. turn it all the way to the left
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

That did indeed cause the output to stop playing through my monitor, but now i can't hear anything through the monitor when i hit the button because the level is all the way down.

I was under the impression that you could only hear through the monitor when the monitor button was clicked, but it seems to be constantly playing no matter the state of the button.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about the MIX knob, not the levels knob.....

So when the mix knob is turned to PGM i can hear only the monitor when the button is clicked, and when it is turned to MST i can hear the master output? is that it?

correct
    your outputs look fine so that is the next logical option.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "