Traktor - FX Select and Turn on (Mapping Q).

Default Traktor - FX Select and Turn on (Mapping Q).

I have a mapping where I am using Beatmasher 2 as a "Loop Roll" type effect... I have a single button selecting Beatmasher in FX Unit 1, unit ON, Gate 50%, Rot 0%, and set loop length.

It is working absolutely fine when the Beatmasher is already selected - but if a different fx is selected, the first time I hit one of the Loop Roll buttons on my dicer, it selects the Beatmasher, and sets all of the correct para's, but it does NOT turn the effect on.

But once the Beatmasher is selected, all 5 buttons work perfectly. Am I missing some kind of option? Is it possible to select, load AND switch on an effect using 1 button?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Try putting the loading of the effect and the routing to that deck on the small button that changes the mode. I believe they send midi aswell. But I couldn't select and activate the effect in a single press on my controller. Also the beatmasher isn't really a loop roll, it's more like a granulizer with a large grain size as it will pick up a new sample after a few beats. If you want a real loop roll it's best to use flux mode and looping.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-03-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

the small button that changes the mode
    Not sure what you mean there..?

Also the beatmasher isn't really a loop roll, it's more like a granulizer with a large grain size as it will pick up a new sample after a few beats.
    It's not re-sampling here..? I can hold large loop (1/2) or a small loop (1/32) indefinitely...

I also had some success using Delay T3 as a Loop Roll... But, for some odd reason, you cannot select a size of 1/2 on Delay T3???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Probably missing store preset command. Map it to all four buttons and assign to correct FX unit..

Stewe - do you mean map it to all TEN buttons (the 5 buttons on each Dicer), and select the FX unit (unit 1 for Deck A or unit 2 for Deck B) for each set of 5 buttons?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yeah, did that worked?

I must have the wrong settings on the beatmasher or maybe I'm confusing it with the beatslicer then. This is what I mean by..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Thanks fellas - I've got it sorted. Mapping the "FX Store Preset" seems to have done the trick.

Now I need to go back and add W/D 100% to all of the Dicer buttons to avoid any unwanted behaviour!

Cheers!!!