Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I find it ironic how Itch is getting beat grids, with a sync function in mind as mentioning the very word auto sync in the Serato forums results in your computer blowing up.
    Yeah SSL and Itch are like 2 brothers who dont get on. They are part of the same family but they dont speak to each other.

Im not sure its Serato thats to blame for this attitude. They have tried to keep SSL true to traditional DJing with vinyl which is cool , its the fucking jerks that go "Oh sync is cheating and Traktor is gay".
    Serato have obviously realised that this attitude is horse-shit and that their are 100s of 1000s of kids out there who couldnt give a rats ass about Beatmatching and traditional DJing and they need to make a product that reflects the change in times.

Let the girls on the Serato forum (and i dont mean all the peeps there cus some are my friends, just the haters) carry on pissing and moaning about Sync and beatgrids, they need something in their lives.

Meanwhile the world keeps turning and we all embrace whatever comes out if it enhances the DJing we do.

2 Decks and a bag of my fave tunes and im happy..!
    Traktor and my VCI and im happy..!
    Traktor and DVS and im happy..!
    Win / Win / Win i reckon.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by fibertuner View Post
    I think that is where the Serato stuff is pretty interesting. I don't own and TTs, but the ability my me to download SSL and go to any club to DJ is very appealing. Also, any other Serato DJ can download Itch, use the same crates, and almost seamlessly transition to my hardware with very little learning curve. The reason why I switched to Itch is the lack of platter support in Traktor, but those colored waveforms have really grown on me. I think they are much better than the phase meter. I think as new Itch hardware is released, you will see much more Itch in the UK; especially with the new A&H controller being released. Itch hardware, until now, has been suited mainly to hip-hop DJs.
    i agreed with that entire statement

Tech Mentor

Serato Itch is the future, Allen & Heath are seeing that

Tech Guru

except even with elastic beatgrids, their sync functionality is as broken as us politics.

itch is still a beta program, AT BEST
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Itch 1.7 already heave the elastic beatgrids, and seams like in 2.0 beta they are improved

Tech Mentor

i think serato's problem is they dont have a good marketing and publicity with then, they dont have lay out pretty and cool like traktor, dont have cool videos like traktor does, traktor is totally hyped, but serato itch clearly is thinking about with improve the 4 decks djing, and dont forgeting any type of djing, not anybody want mix loop flat techno with 4 decks, some people would like mix old stuffs with tempo variations, i dont see a way to do a pretty loop of Primal Scream for example using trakor mixin with other songs with 4 decks

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So what you're saying is Serato has better sync? That's interesting.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

no, i just sayin, i appreciate Serato don't forget they are djs then like do mixes with 4 decks with a lot of different kinds and style of musics, contemporary electronic or live recordings musics, i think its is the mostly interesting to use 4 decks

A HUGE advantage ITCH has is the horizontal stacked waveforms that allow you to easily tweak & nudge tracks to create a pretty flawless sound.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Mentor

impressive feature... need it on traktor asap!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast