Serato and Ableton together -Jan 14, 2010 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    "No sync, No Grids, No Cheating" mob over at Serato.
    I hate to bash, but thats a caveman approach when it comes to SSL. I know how to beatmatch, I so beyond that like many other djs. Hell we even had a video on the DJTT blog that maybe big time dj said the same. I have no shame using the SYNC button & Wraping my tracks, cuz when it comes to dj-ing, for me its more of a performace than just mixing deck A to deck B.

Serato & Ableton teaming up, is more for SSL that ableton. cuz with live you use what ever midi controller you want, with ssl you need the box/rane mixer....We shall see come NAMM 2010

Nothing to see here, lets move along people.

j/k I love these types of discussions.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im not sure i understand your point or that you understand mine.
    Its not my approach to Serato, not at all.

There has long been an attitude on the Serato forum that Traktor 'microwave' djs are cheating using Sync.
    This is of course the minority but its exists all the same. Thats the inescapable truth, ive read the stuff people post on there about Traktor, hell im mates with one of the protagonists.

The point im making is that its a good thing that Serato (as a company) can see passed this "caveman attitude" and develop new technologies. Of course the normal SSL will remain the same and some of its users will be anti-sync, anti-grid etc forever.
    We even have Traktor users that are Anti-Sync.
    The moaners arent just confined to Serato.

Karlos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12