I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music production. Should i
    Tech Wizard

Question I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music production. Should i

Should i buy it?

Tech Wizard

??

I havent used the HD600 or any Sennheiser headphones but they generally get a good wrap. Another good headphone you could take a look at are the ATH-M50's. I owned a pair of these and I highly recommend them.

Take a look at this post as well - http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=77740

If you are looking at producing and don't own a pair of monitors yet I really would be saving your money and trying to get a set of monitors. For the price of the Sennheiser cans you could stretch yourself to getting a pair of pretty decent entry level monitors. Take a look at the Alesis M1 Active MKII or KRK Monitors.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!

I have the Alesis Mk2's and they do the trick nicely if for nothing else than to prevent ear fatigue. I think there is little question that headphones at the same price point provide greater detail and clarity given that not many of us are producing in an actual treated studio. But i found the investment worth it simply because it lets me work much longer without feeling drained. I use my headphones as second reference point and also as a good way to check the clarity of panning and delays. Nice to have both at some point, but many ppl def produce using headphones. You just have to know them and how they colour the sound, but thats more developing your ears than being a technology issue.

Tech Convert

Yea those Alesis monitors are awesome. I use to have a pair of the original Mk2's. Now I have the Alesis 620's M1 Active and they sound great too.

I can vouch for the ATH-M50's. Good cans, and comfy. Never tried the higher end Sennheiser's outside of the 360's (which aren't higher end anyway) I use at work.