Setup Help!

Thread: Setup Help!

Default Setup Help!

So I'm new here, in a matter of fact I'm new to djing in general. But here's the deal. I own a Hercules Air and I want to upgrade to a newer setup. I want to use the traktor x1 mk2 as decks and a cheaper mixer than the z1 since It is over my budget. I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203. Any advice would help. If any question, ask.

Welcome mate.

psst .. the forum is called "show your setup" not "setup questions"
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJBassmint View Post
    I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203.
    You will need an additional sound card if you buy the Stanton m.203 as it does not have one built in.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

that mixer plus additional soundcard will cost more or less like the z1 which has a built in soundcard.

so yeah. save up and buy the one with the soundcard. or you could use the hercules air as your soundcard, idk?
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Save up. If you cheap out now, you are going to end up buying more later. Save yourself the hassle, and over the next few weeks/month that you save, read read read and read everything you can about digital djing. Once you have enough money saved, you can buy something quality, or will have moved on from djing, and will have a pile of money.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Most of us have learned this one the hard way.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Your old controller has a sound card so why not simply add an X1 to the setup and move to Traktor?