Traktor - Controller Manager - Multiple Maps Imported, is There a Problem?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor - Controller Manager - Multiple Maps Imported, is There a Problem?

as the tittle describes it , i was wondering if there is any problem if i have imported in my traktor controller manager multiple maps.

i use cdj 400,2000,850 etc. and a T1 controller.

will it be a conflict if i have the maps there and only use the device i want each time?

and here is a photo of my current status of controller manager.

test.jpg

Only if there are conflicting (that is, the same on each mapping) midi messages.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

how can i check if there are the same midi messages? see the ch.node numbers?

some traktor maps arent midi, but traktor values, like the cdj 2000,900,400,T1. they are preinstalled on traktor and they show up when u plug in the device.

so only midi in-out templates have that problem?

i think you might be wrong, cause on each map u set the device target and in-out port. if u dont choose a device they dont work.

It shouldn't matter if they send the same messages as long as you have the correct device in and out selected for each mapping. If you listen to all devices with a mapping that's where you will have the problem with conflicts. And it will only apply to midi maps. But I think you will find all of those devices you listed use native HID so there will be no conflict.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

^still keeping that old avatar eh

VDJ still ownes Traktor in all the fun stuff, The avatar stays! I bet one day if the new version is ever released and it lives up to my expectations you will come to the dark side, VDJScript and VST's are just too sweet for you to pass up when all the little issues get sorted

If VDJ8 end's up sucking and I still have the photoshop file then it will say "f@#k you virtual dj" but we will have to wait and see... but the beta's still not here so it's definitely not going to be released before NAMM.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

i've used today DDJ T1 midi and the CDJ 850 Midi thats its not native with traktor.

only ddj t1 had ports set, BUT there were conflicts. after i deleted the cdj850 map. everything worked fine.

so it doesnt mind if there is a traktor native map, but if it is a midi map it does.

Tech Guru

Are you sure the CDJ 850 ports were disabled? I have both VCI 100 and VCM 100 mappings installed and there are no conflicts, even though they are effectively the same controller MIDI-wise.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

ill check it again tomorrow. i had one conflict with the cue button. i think i had disabled the in out port on the cdj 850 map.

but when i deleted the cdj 850map everything was fine.

Tech Wizard

false alarm! it seems that i had the cdj-850 midi map using all ports as in-out that why i had a conflict with ddj t1.