So I've been asked to do some mixes for a top restaurant in Brighton...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default So I've been asked to do some mixes for a top restaurant in Brighton...

Yo,

2nd post of the day, I hope you don't get too pissed off. This isn't one of my usual controller/soundcard/amp threads or w/e been too many to count, I know, I know..

I'm just asking have you got any tunes for me such as Chill out, some nice chilled house music etc. (Such as majestic casual, MrSuicideSheep, Eton Messy, Sub Soul and other YouTube channels with similair music) Something you would like when you're eating your dinner in a nice fancy restaurant?

I was eating in here with my girlfriend and I said I liked the music in here and I said I do a bit of DJing myself... Turns out I have been asked to do several mixes for this restaurant which was a pleasant surprise

I'm really thrilled and excited that I got asked to do this... Also they said they'll put me on their website which gives a bit of promotion I suppose all is good <3

If you're interested in the restaurant you can look at it here.. Real fine dining, top notch food and you can order everything off the menu http://64degrees.co.uk/

Not only that, it's the #3 restaurant in all of Brighton out of 753 restaurants on Trip Advisor.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Guru

You've just given a long list of youtube channels, which im guessing have plenty of music on, and since you mentioned them I'm also guessing them have chilled deep house stuff on? no?

So find the stuff you like that you think would be suitable, check artists/labels, other releases etc from those artists/labels.

Have you actually had a search yet, or just straight to creating a thread asking for music?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    You've just given a long list of youtube channels, which im guessing have plenty of music on, and since you mentioned them I'm also guessing them have chilled deep house stuff on? no?

So find the stuff you like that you think would be suitable, check artists/labels, other releases etc from those artists/labels.

Have you actually had a search yet, or just straight to creating a thread asking for music?
    Yes I've already got some tunes... I'm not really too sure how heavy the mix should be... They had some nice basslines going when I went there I felt like getting up and dancing which makes sense considering house is dance music. I suppose what I'm asking is what music would you like to listen to whilst eating? Especially as this place is fine dining and pretty cool and retro at the same time. And yes they have a lot of chilled deep house stuff. I will have a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

I'd look for jazzy sounding deep house stuff personally. Jazz is always good for dining and there's a lot of deep house that's got a jazzy sound and feel to it. You don't want it to be too funky.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I'd look for jazzy sounding deep house stuff personally. Jazz is always good for dining and there's a lot of deep house that's got a jazzy sound and feel to it. You don't want it to be too funky.
    Agree, there is a lot of very good jazzy house about and a lot of good older stuff too.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Go on Beatport and check out the Chill Out and maybe even the Nu Disco genres

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    Yo,

2nd post of the day, I hope you don't get too pissed off. This isn't one of my usual controller/soundcard/amp threads or w/e been too many to count, I know, I know..

I'm just asking have you got any tunes for me such as Chill out, some nice chilled house music etc. (Such as majestic casual, MrSuicideSheep, Eton Messy, Sub Soul and other YouTube channels with similair music) Something you would like when you're eating your dinner in a nice fancy restaurant?

I was eating in here with my girlfriend and I said I liked the music in here and I said I do a bit of DJing myself... Turns out I have been asked to do several mixes for this restaurant which was a pleasant surprise

I'm really thrilled and excited that I got asked to do this... Also they said they'll put me on their website which gives a bit of promotion I suppose all is good <3

Cheers
    Well, what sort of music do they usually play in Burger King?

To be honest, and not being a young scamp like yersel anymore, the sort of places I go to don't tend to play any music, or, if they do, it tends to be little more than sonic wallpaper, so maybe play stuff that's not too intrusive. I think the other guys are right about the more jazzy end of house - remember that for most people who go out to eat, conversation is more important than the music. Your mix is NOT the reason they are going to eat there but I expect you know that already. Keep it restrained. Keep the speeds in check and keep it fairly smooth - no need to build and drop like a regular set, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post

Real fine dining, top notch food and you can order everything off the menu
    Ah, you see, this is where the places I eat are going wrong: They don't let you order anything off the menu.

Just run the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Just run the trap.
    This. x 1000
    Or gabber.

Maybe something else to also put you on your way (serious)

Just what I would like to hear in an expensive restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Just run the trap.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast