Denon DJ MC6000MK2

Default Denon DJ MC6000MK2

SA3vN53l.jpgIOzBN6Nl.jpgiX6ehvfl.jpg

• Supplied with Serato DJ Intro
    • Natively supported by Serato DJ Intro & Serato DJ (full upgrade version)*,
      Virtual DJ* and Mixvibes Cross*. Denon DJ supplied mappings ensure
      compatibility with Native Instruments Traktor software.
    • Fully professional video mixing integration is now possible with
      the MC6000's video capability. Using the revolutionary Serato Video plugin, DJ's can program, mix, add transition FX and scratch video just as they do with audio ‐ So now, "What you hear, is also what you see!" A paid upgrade to Serato DJ is required for Serato Video support.
    • Reliable, realtime channel matrix operation enabling fast and efficient DJ changeovers, plus flexibility to add record decks, table top CD players, USB audio and other auxiliary input devices.
    • Ability to now utilize 'on trend' DJ performance factors ' Roll' (Loop whilst track stays in unreal time), 'Sensor' (Serato's Reverse mode) plus 'Slip Mode' (Real time track play under a scratch/loop etc)
    • Line 1/2 Thru to PC Mode Enabling digital recording of a full DJ performance, whether club, radio or house party to a PC or Mac computer.
    • Replacing the previous model's two toggle switches, the MC6000MK2 now features Four independent deck layer keys offering error free, live performance deck/track selection
    • Fast and efficient Serato DJ Intro screen navigation with 'Panel', 'View', 'Area', and 'List' keys
    • Independent 'Vinyl' button (emulating true vinyl operation), Beats Parameter knob (dedicated for controlling beat attributes), FX Tap Button (to add BPM data), FX Mode Change and now 8 Assign keys for fluid and comprehensive effects control
    • Improved look, finish and feel to twin‐deck, silver platters Class‐leading sonic improvements for professional sound playback

Denon DJ MC6000MK2 in‐store January 2014

Tech Guru

Basically just a Serato version of the Mk1? There don't seem to be many improvements.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Agreed.

Don't really know what Denon was thinking... New S4 blows this away.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

No filter knobs, no channel VU meters, no hard plastic play/cue buttons, no 8 pads....
    Have no idea how they think of competing with DDJ-SX, NS7 or S4MK2...but then again...it will be "only" 650€. Maybe this isn't their top of the line product?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Euhh.. I don't think they will be introducing another 4 channel AIO. Just doesn't make sense.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    No filter knobs, no channel VU meters, no hard plastic play/cue buttons
    If they had added these 3 things, I would have definitely upgraded. As it is, this is not enough to make me want to upgrade.... it actually seems like a downgrade, and I hate those silver jog wheels!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    it actually seems like a downgrade
    It appears Mk2 is not capable of sw mixing in external mode (where jog sections control decks in DJ software while mixer section acts like a standalone mixer), no booth EQ (although, i must admit - i see no other use for it other than cutting the bass if you're using TT's) and also master VU section now has only 7 leds compared to 10 on mk1. Check comments on the DJWorks site

On the other hand, layout is now much better with pitch faders on front and some controls moved, mic input claims to be improved (there were problems with too hot mics that had to use attenuators), sound interface is also improved (mk1 was highly praised as one of best sounding controllers so this really is icing on the cake). I can only hope they fixed the problem with lousy switches under the hotcue and play/cue buttons (same as on my SC2000)

Mk1 was one of the best controllers for mobile DJ's so in that aspect: this is probably an improvement (and I think Denon is continuing to target that segment of the market). As a performance controller this is nowhere near the top of the line (SX, NS7ii) but then again - it doesn't try to be.

Oh, and by the look of things - NI won't see my money EVER AGAIN. When I upgrade I'm probably going to Serato because NI have continued to lock away other manufacturers without delivering a good enough product themselves.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2