Slight N00b Question

Default Slight N00b Question

I recently had the displeasure of breaking my mixer during a gig to the point it doesn't work at all and need something to mix with fast.

Is it possible to use my Hercules RMX (which i already have mapped for Traktor) as a mixer and control the decks with vinyl if I connect the turntables to my Audio 6 and route the outputs to the RMX's inputs? i'm trying this now but can't get any sound to come out of the RMX.

Thanks for the help DJTT!

Matt

You could route the turntables into live input decks in Traktor. Then you use the RMX for internal mixing. Then just send the output back into your audio interface.

thanks. is there a way to switch to MP3s too so i can use the music on my computer with timecode as well as vinyl?

Tech Guru

You can use timecode through the A6 with internal mixing too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by SantotoMT View Post
    thanks. is there a way to switch to MP3s too so i can use the music on my computer with timecode as well as vinyl?
    You can just switch the live decks back to Track decks. Or you can have 2 track decks and 2 live input decks. Just make sure to turn down the volume on the decks you're not using, because timecode signal may play through the live decks.