DJ Logo Ideas Help Info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJ Logo Ideas Help Info

Need help making my current logo look better, need some feed back and help with what i shall do

Feel free to share yours as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Wizard

Feedback will depend on what your angle is. What kind of DJ are you and what crowd are you trying to cater to?

The font is good, but considering how sharp the diamond is, I don't think it gels too well.
    Try switching some stuff out, maybe a different object or something that fits better with the font. Make a couple of designs if need be.

Keep it simple, and you're almost there!

Well, I'll write what I always write: why do you want a logo? It's just not the right application for a logo. Logos are there to create some kind of corporate identity. So in the electronic music world logos make a lot of sense for record labels, promoter crews, nightclubs, and maybe even a regular night there. But for DJs they don't. As a DJ your artist name will mostly be used on flyers for events and it would take away a lot of artistic freedom for the graphic designers if they had to incorporate a lot of different logos for all the DJs in the lineup (and probably still look shitty in the end). I actually can not think of a single DJ who uses a logo.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

no

Tech Mentor

Let's hear a mix, then we can make some informed recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    I actually can not think of a single DJ who uses a logo.
    Are you serious? Have you seen many flyers???

http://www.residentadvisor.net/image...0172-front.jpg

Admittedly all internationals but the same goes for the majority of flyers I see around Melbourne for smaller nights, the locals all have logos too.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

Admittedly all internationals but the same goes for the majority of flyers I see around Melbourne for smaller nights, the locals all have logos too.
    Plus in the modern day of social networking, having a professional looking llogo on your profiles on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter etc portrays a good pro image to clubs, A&R, labels, management, venues, promoters etc that you submit your stuff to.

This is definitely relevant whether you are a World-conquering DJ or starter trying to hook the attention of people.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

I actually can not think of a single DJ who uses a logo.
    Have you ever seen a club flyer before? WTF :S!

Anyway... With that logo, I'd take that diamond thing out at the end, its to straight and sharp, where as your logo has a more rounded curvy font.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

As a DJ your artist name will mostly be used on flyers for events and it would take away a lot of artistic freedom for the graphic designers if they had to incorporate a lot of different logos for all the DJs in the lineup (and probably still look shitty in the end).
    That would be a shitty graphic designer then...

Anyways, I think you're logo has potential. If you made the font thinner and with sharp edges to go with the diamond, or remove the diamond. It looks like a font from comic book title. I would thin it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

Well, there seems to be some differences here in terms of the cultural background (and I'm not talking about geography, but rather about the social scene). I just had a quick look at RA's event listings for this saturday and checked out the flyers of the major clubs in London and NYC (to proove that I wasn't biased by the stuff I see in Leipzig and Berlin). As expected, none featured any DJ logos.

I still stand by my original point that they just don't make any sense whatsoever. And the poster you linked is actually a good example for that (but I guess the shitty design fits the lineup quite well—4 interesting acts in a relatively long list, way to go).
    Last edited by 3heads; 04-12-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast