I have no-one to go clubbing with D: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Contact some local radio stations and ask for playing a set on their station (could be live or pre-recorded). It did the job for me. From one local "pirate" station to a more commercial station. Picked up by some event and club managers and got invited to do some gigs.

Tech Mentor

It sucks sometimes not having a crew, but like others said when you go out solo, you meet people. Hang by the bar, smoking area and you'll meet people. Some of the most fun times I've ever had were when I partied solo and just winged it... Weird things tend to happen but, good stories are always important.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    I completely agree. I don't mind going out by myself. It can even be more fun than going out with friends because you're pretty much forced to meet new people. And after you realize that, it's pretty much an exponential curve: the more you go out, the more people you meet and after a couple of months there will always be someone you know at the club.
    I also agree with the being blasted thing, you do need the right state of mind to go out alone. But then it really can be quite awesome. Being comfortable being by oneself is also a good thing if by some lucky coincidence one's DJing career should take off. If you can't stand being on your own, how are you going to survive those countless hours on trains/planes/airports/... (I don't gig that much for this to be personal experience, but it is a simple fact that as a working DJ you will spend most of your time travelling to and from gigs).

coincidences like when we met at the distillery

to the op:

i go to clubs alone often times. it mostly starts with going to some bar with friends and after some time we split ways since we have different interests when it comes to clubs and music.
    don´t be afraid to go clubbing all on your own. you´ll meet new people in seconds and you mostly will meet them again the next time you visit the location and it´ll be a warm second sight
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12