Dubspot NYC

Thread: Dubspot NYC

Default Dubspot NYC

Hey guys so I've been really trying to figure out what I want to do in my future, and i think music production/dj is what I would really love to get into. I've always had an interest in learning how to mix and produce. I am also new to this so this might be some stupid questions. First I wanted to hear first hand reviews from people who attended so if anyone has any input on the school itself that would be great. Also I did not want to go in without any type of equipment. I know in the school itself they have everything you would need, but my guess is i'm going to need stuff at home to practice, and do assignments. Can anyone help me out and tell me a few things I should look into purchasing before I start and I will be able to practice what I learn in the classroom at home. Is there anything I should know going into this, because I really do have high interest in it and I know this is something I would really put my all into. Any thing you guys can give me advice wise would be great like I said I'm new to all of this I have no experience, but look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully dubspot. We all have to start somewhere rite? lol thanks guys have a great day

It seems form your post that your just getting into mixing and production. First of all, welcome! Its a wonderful venture and it can definitely become something that you will enjoy doing for the rest of your life!

Now this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I don't think you should spend thousands of dollars on dubspot classes when you haven't even given it a proper shot yet. Buy some cheap equipment and start messing around by using youtube tutorials first. There is a lot your can learn by yourself for free; there is no point in paying someone to teach you the basics. Later on you may choose to get a professional musical education but at that point you'll be ready to learn more advanced things and it will be worth your money!
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

I'm going to go myself! I'll (hopefully) be starting this time next year!

I have personal friends who went and they all make great stuff that only gets better as they go!

My Course List
    • DJ Extensive Program
    • Music Foundations Program
    • Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program
    • Sound Design Program
    • Mixing and Mastering Program
    • Advanced Music Production and Performance
    • Visual Performance Program
    • Maschine Program
    • Reason Producer Certificate Program

I'm going HARD at this.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    My Course List
    Where the hell did you come up with that amount of money ?

I would switch Reason out for turntablism, or even a bunch of private turntablism lessons. Given, I'm not much of a Reason guy, and a turntablist, but the opportunity to learn turntablism through Dubspot is unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Where the hell did you come up with that amount of money ?
    Couple of things are going to, again, hopefully work out in time. Let me break it down:

Total Cost of Education: $22,000
    Cyber Monday Savings: 25%
    Total on Cyber Monday: 16,500

That's a huge thing right there. Now in my country, Canada, artists who have been a professional for one year or more apply for a plethora of grant money to further their development in anyway they like as long as the board agrees that it is a good use of money. My DJ residency as it is on a contract basis AND is at a college applies for this. From those grants I could earn multiple thousand dollars just by taking the time to build a proper application portfolio and fire it off to everyone offering money. To be safe let's say I earn $10,000. That sounds huge, but because my courses include work with visuals there are TONS of grants I could get. That makes the cost to me $6,500 on Cyber Monday. Throw that on a payment plan and I end up paying roughly $1,600 dollars every 6 months for two years.

THAT is how I came up with that. Even if I don't get grants that is still less than $750 a month for two years and I have guaranteed employment in NYC.
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 12-11-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: My maths and explained my profession.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    It seems form your post that your just getting into mixing and production. First of all, welcome! Its a wonderful venture and it can definitely become something that you will enjoy doing for the rest of your life!

Now this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I don't think you should spend thousands of dollars on dubspot classes when you haven't even given it a proper shot yet. Buy some cheap equipment and start messing around by using youtube tutorials first. There is a lot your can learn by yourself for free; there is no point in paying someone to teach you the basics. Later on you may choose to get a professional musical education but at that point you'll be ready to learn more advanced things and it will be worth your money!
    Thank you so much for that I was pretty eager to just dive rite in without even thinking of that and you are 100% rite I'm definitely going to find something to start off with and make sure ill actually be 100% interested in! Any suggestions on equipment I should buy to start out for practicing? Also thank you for that warm welcoming can't wait to try it out I really believe this will be something that I'm going to absolutely love