Which one is good for beginner? Launch pad vs Maschine Mk2 vs or the others...

Default Which one is good for beginner? Launch pad vs Maschine Mk2 vs or the others...

Hi guys. I'm considering purchasing one of the products I mentioned.. But I'm in a trouble picking up one device.
    cost, easiness to use software, portability,...... can you recommend just one device with specific reasons for beginner like me?

Tech Wizard

First of all, what are you going to use the device for?

Quote Originally Posted by pleb View Post
    First of all, what are you going to use the device for?
    I agree, if you know what its uses and what you will use it for, you will easily identify what you need.

if for example you are into producing music, get the maschine. if you are only going to use it as a controller (to launch clips & cue points ,finger drum, etc.), then get the launchpad.

if you are into djing, then a different controller is for you.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Default ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    I agree, if you know what its uses and what you will use it for, you will easily identify what you need.

if for example you are into producing music, get the maschine. if you are only going to use it as a controller (to launch clips & cue points ,finger drum, etc.), then get the launchpad.

if you are into djing, then a different controller is for you.
    you're right but I haven't thought about that.,.. but now the cost is the top priority now. maschine is out of my budget.

can't i produce music LP? i just want to know about it

Tech Guru

Completely different beasts. Launchpad is a controller, Maschine is a controller.

.. With a Soundcard, and a VST. And velocity sensitive pads. And screens. Basically you can make songs in just Maschine alone, but Launchpad you'll need to get Ableton/FL/Logic or whatever you want to use.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Maschine doesn't have an audio interface

Tech Guru

Does it not!? I always thought it did.

Oh wow it doesn't! Still completely different beasts though haha.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Completely different beasts. Launchpad is a controller, Maschine is a controller.

.. With a Soundcard, and a VST. And velocity sensitive pads. And screens. Basically you can make songs in just Maschine alone, but Launchpad you'll need to get Ableton/FL/Logic or whatever you want to use.
    You mean I can make music by myself with launchpad if I have ableton or some other programs? I wanna buy maschine but I got to know that it is way too expensive. Out of ma budget.