I'm having some trouble with my BCR / BCF / Live configuration.

Warning: Long read!

This is what I want to accomplish:

Using azymbol's neat mod for joining a bcr/bcf together (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/4770733-post128.html), I want to configure a simple mixing console for Live.

I want to set up the channel strips the following way (starting from top encoder):

BCR2000:

Push Enc Grp 1: Macro 1 (of 1st rack in track) / Macro 1 (of 1st rack in track) (no change)
Push Enc Grp 2: Macro 2 (") / Macro 2 (") (no change)
Push Enc Grp 3: Macro 3 (") / Macro 3 (") (no change)
Push Enc Grp 4: Macro 4 (") / Macro 4 (") (no change)

Keys (Upper Row): Select track
Keys (Lower Row): Record Arm

Encoder (Top): Send A
Encoder (Middle): Send B
Encoder (Bottom): Track Pan

BCF2000:

Push Enc Grp 1: Macro 5 (of 1st rack) / Macro 5 (of 1st rack) (no change)
Push Enc Grp 2: Macro 6 (") / Macro 6 (") (no change)
Push Enc Grp 3: Macro 7 (") / Macro 7 (") (no change)
Push Enc Grp 4: Macro 8 (") / Macro 8 (") (no change)

Keys (Upper Row): Mute
Keys (Lower Row): Solo

Fader: Track Volume

All channels need to get the same preset, and being able to go to channel banks 9-16/17-24/25-32 via Preset controls would be nice...

Example:

I've only begun to map my BCR (my BCF comes next week), and I can see I'm going to hit some snags.

Background: BCR has fw 1.10, All presets have the same "BCR2000 Only Controllers" sysex from: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCR2000.aspx. Preset 2-8 are set to midi channels 2-8 so I can get more values as I manually map the controller. I've famaliarized myself with flashing sysex and modifying them via BC Manager.

So it seems I have a few options...

- Manually map the controllers, but be forced to save this mapping to a blank Live set template - and use this everytime I want to use the bcr/bcf.

- Set the Control Surface in Live to "BCR2000" to gain a few usable automapped controls (Send A+B on Ch 1-8) - but I still have to manually map the rest and hit the same snags as above.

- Try to figure out this program: LC Xmu ( http://www.opuslocus.com/lcxmu/contr...hringerBCR2000 ) to enable Mackie Control Emulation for the BCR. Been trying out the demo version, but I can't seem to figure it out at the moment (even after reading the manual!) (I'll probably post this whole post to their forum as well)

I also have another issue - I would love the preset of the BCR to change when I press the preset next button on the BCF (and vice-versa).

Found some info on this:

--- In bc2000@yahoogroups.com, "jk.anters1" <jk.anters1@...> wrote:
> I have a BCF2000 and a BCR2000 linked together using USB Mode 4 on the BCF and Stand Alone Mode 3 on the BCR.
> Everything works fine but I can't figure out how to perform a bankselect so I can put both controllers in the same preset at a time.
> I can't find it in the manual or anywhere on the internet..
> Can someone help me out with this?

"BC MIDI Implementation.pdf" (available from http://home.kpn.nl/f2hmjvandenberg281/bc2000.html), section 19.3,

describes several ways of selecting presets:

The simplest way is via a MIDI Program Change message:

Cn PresetNumber-1

Here "n" indicates the MIDI channel minus 1.
So for instance "C0 04" means "select preset 5 via MIDI channel 1."
For this to work as you wish, you must set the global Receive Channel of both the BCF and the BCR to the same value (1 in this case).

Alternatively, you could use a BCF/BCR-specific MIDI System Exclusive message using command $22 (see BCMI section 6):

F0 00 20 32 7F 7F 22 PresetNumber-1 F7

As you can see, this is more complicated.
However, other MIDI devices "in the vicinity" might inadvertently switch their programs too when they receive the simple MIDI Program Change message; so in this respect the System Exclusive message is safer.

Hope this helps,
Mark.
--------
I just can't seem to figure out where to enter this info in BC Manager...

So that's it. A bit long, but I'm hoping someone can help.

Or am I completely at a loss (and none of this will really work correctly)?

Thanks!