Traktor Kontrol F1 help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Kontrol F1 help

Since watching DJTT's 'How i Play' with dubfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byCi...ure=youtu.be&a

I have been really pushed over the edge on my thoughts of getting a Kontrol F1, I thought about it before, but I have Maschine and thought that made getting an F1 pointless. Now since watching dubfire's DJTT video, its made me realise that it's more for loops, and im aaaaaaaall about loops.

So, question is, will i still use my Kontrol X1?

I have TSP2, i use all 4 decks as track decks, and i have 2 Kontrol X1s, I use 1 for Deck A&B and 1 for deck C&D. So Would getting an F1 just redeem one-side of my Kontrol X1 obsolete, as ill switch deck D to a remix deck and use the F1, and of course when i dont fancy using the F1, ill just revert back to Track deck...

I'm only curious because dubfire only has 1 Kontrol X1 (MK2 )and his Kontrol F1 in the video, so I was wondering how he controls that 3rd traktor deck, as he doesnt have a 2nd X1 for it.

Thanks
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

After checking on the NI forum, it seems as tho people are not using their F1 now due to being able to map Maschine to the remix decks to launch loops...

So, erm... Any help with this? Maybe mapping Maschine to the remix decks isnt so reliable or maybe it is, should i get an F1 or map maschine.!?
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That was a sound check. I bet he got a few more X1's at him. However, you can access the MIDI mode in F1 and map it for what ever you can think of.

Ah yeah true. I just wondered why he didn't have a 2nd X1 with his set up whole filming.

I'll just want the F1 for launching my loops. Can I apply my Traktor FX via Kontrol X1 over loops on the remix deck?

That wouldn't require X1 though. You can just enable Unit On controls for your remix deck of choice by pressing buttons in the mixer section of the screen. Then you'll be able to route each individual slot directly from F1.

Okay cool I will check that out. For the mean while-I haven't got an F1, I want to play around with the remix decks, so can I use a loop that I have just set/hotcued on a track in Traktor? Or do I actually have to load precisely programmed and gridded loops?

To start playing with, a best bet is to load perfectly gridded track in to track deck. Than use ether a loop recorder if you want to drag and drop loops in remix deck, or, use a mapping command called 'Slot Capture From Deck' to use an instant button action.

If your grids are a bit off there is an option to edit them but also the start/end position. Refer to manual if you get stuck

i once read that you can map the x1 to the remix decks. Pads will not be the same as the F1 and the mapping won't be as tight but it can do. I was mapping my f1 to function like the x1 so I traded it for a real x1.

I once had an F1, now i use the MF3D to launch clips in the remix decks.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

If you really want to use the Remix Decks most efficiently, get an F1.

Yes, you can map everything out to another controller. But, the F1 works so perfectly (as it should since it was designed for that purpose) that there is really no substitute if you plan to use loops extensively.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't play without it. You can still use the other X1 if you really want to. Sometimes I use my X1 on the Remix Decks for effects, or I'll put it on Flux Mode and play with the loop length function for builds or whatever. It won't necessarily be obsolete with an F1, as they really do very different things.

Hmmm... I'll try playing around with the remix decks and see how i get on with them, ill look up how to use the Traktor Loop recorder and drag N drop some loops into it, tbh, if i do like it, i will get an F1, it's obviously the dedicated controller for it, i dont want to map maschine to do it tho, im using that with ableton/plugin so want to keep it how it is.

Cheers guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast