ZipDJ Failure.

Thread: ZipDJ Failure.

Default ZipDJ Failure.

So I used ZipDJ.com all summer and loved it, until my external hard drive decided to get dropped by my fiance.
    I lost about 75K tracks, but mostly was hurt because after dealing with customer service, no one on ZipDJ's end could tell me how to redownload the tracks I had already downloaded. Once you download one, the option to download again is removed (helpful when making sure not to download dups, but pain in the ass if you lose a track).

Anyone else have this issue? I cancelled my subscription because of this.

Tech Convert

Their support is very good about re-enabling downloads that were interrupted or incomplete. However, asking them to re-enable 75000 tracks is unreasonable. To be honest, if it's that important, you should have a backup, if not 2 backups.

Tech Wizard

I very much understand ZipDJ.com. If you lose your tracks, that's not their problem. If you buy a tv and you drop it, Sony or whatever isn't going to give you a brand new one. Not trying to be a dick to you, but ZipDJ has a fair point in my opinion.

Tech Guru

You canceled your subscription because they would not allow you to download 75k tracks again? I doubt any record pool out there would allow you to do this...

im with the op. if its an unlimited download site, why would it matter if he has to take the time and download all his songs again?? i get the safety of removing the download link for, but if a person needs to download the same again for whatever reason he/she should be able to that's what the membership is for, right??

its the op's fault for not having a backup for sure, and im sure he didn't go and demand a zip file with all 75k songs all at once (if you did op, sorry ... no) but if he is paying his monthly fee why shouldn't he have the option to call and reset his account to start all over?

it shouldn't be that difficult for a mod to go back and change status on his account, especially since apford confirmed they do accomplish this easily on occasion. i do kinda feel like we are missing an important part of the story though.......

My 2 cents

I'd say if you could name 1000 of those tracks off the top of your head you'd have more reason too. 75000?!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

75000 tracks and no backup? fail on your part imo.

I'm sorry let me clarify. I had over 75,000 tracks on my backup which included about 800 tracks, maybe less from zipdj.com.
    The HDD failed, i lost all of those tracks. Mostly top genre hits from the 50's on for non-night club gigs, like weddings and bar events etc... not a huge worry.

I messaged them to allow me to re-download the tracks I lost from them, and didn't get any response at first, then I followed up with another email and finally got a response. I was told to contact Kevin, and I did, and instead of a simple, hey no problem, I got a quick and rude response of, "well no one told me to do it."

So frustrated, I switched to DJCity and have had no problems.

I do have backups, several of them, just so happens my zipdj backups were on my 2tb drive that took a spill when my wife accidentally dropped it.

I just wanted to have them re-enabled, without having to argue about semantics of who never told who what they needed to do. If you email customer service, you shouldn't have to get a second email back, telling you to email another person, and furthermore when you do email that person, you shouldn't have an email back saying, "well no one told me to do it, so sorry."