Ableton Live and Traktor Pro 2
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton Live and Traktor Pro 2

SO i have recently bought Traktor Pro 2 and looking to buy Ableton Live.

My question is i have bought Traktor on my PC and im looking on getting a MAC just after christmas. For my MAC that im buying would i have to buy Traktor all over again? Or is there a way i can download it to my MAC (i have downlaod version) And wat about Ableton if i buy the disc could i install it both on MAC and my PC?

Tech Guru

You can transfer the Traktor License key you used to another computer without trouble, just a few e-mails to NI Support and they'll help you unregister it to register it again on the MBP. Also Ableton is to one computer also. It makes sense to have them on the MBP though because it runs audio applications a lot smoother than Windows.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

Question answerd thankyou

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    You can transfer the Traktor License key you used to another computer without trouble, just a few e-mails to NI Support and they'll help you unregister it to register it again on the MBP.
    This is unnecessary.
    You can have Traktor installed on 2 machines simultaneously, although technically you can only have one installation in use but, 2 is fine.

If you need a third and are willing to uninstall Traktor from one of the machines simply uninstall it and run Service Centre which will recognise that Traktor is no longer activated on that machine. Then install on the new one. No need to contact support. Transfering a licence is for user wishing to sell or give Traktor and have it removed from their account.

You can download Traktor and Service Centre to the new machine from the NI support page for which ever OS you use.
    It does not matter if you have PC and MAC installations at the same time.