Ableton devices dedicated controllers
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton devices dedicated controllers

Hi everybody!

After building a lot of generic controllers with a bunch buttons that can do another million functions, I want to explore the "school" of one-knob-does-exactly-what-you-know-it-does-no-matter-what. Ableton is great, but each of its devices is "faceless" in the physical world, and there is no such fun like playing with knobs on a hardware synth :P

What do you think of the idea of dedicated controllers for each of Ableton's device, resembling closely the software layout. For example an Analog synth controller with all the knobs and buttons for oscillators, envelopes, lfo, etc. and just and only that.

oF course question is then, why not get actual hardware synth's instead, unless they are as cheap as dirt.

What do you think and which Ableton devices would you love to have control of in the physical world?

Not a great idea, mate. While I kinda understand what you're going for, you're going to lose the flexibility that Live offers if you start making custom hardware.

With all of the possibilities that Ableton Live offers when you start putting devices into Racks (and the MADNESS that the Chain Selector allows for!), the flexibility of Lives devices is what makes them great.

You're better of mapping to the 8 macro knobs in a Rack - then you will know EXACTLY what each of those knobs do.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj