Loose Jog Wheel on VCI-100
    Tech Convert

Default Loose Jog Wheel on VCI-100

Just got my new VCI-100 and have discovered one of the jog wheels is slight looser than the other..

I've tried tightening the 3 star headed screws on top of the platter but it hasnt made any significant difference.

Anyone know how i can sort this out?

Thanks in advance guys!

Click the "here" link in this article:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/01/0...-on-a-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

cheers buddy, i'll give that a go and i'm also gonna give your mapping a go too.

thanks,

ric.

Tech Wizard

I returned my VCI-100 because the right jog wheel was very loose. Extremely reluctant to buy another.

Tech Mentor

I swear Vestax is so bitter about the MANY jogs issue revolving aroung the VCI Jog Wheels.....that they will never make another Jog unit again.

Look at the last three (supposed) Vestax DJ contollers released...

They simply dont have Jogs....no explaination or anything...just no jogs and thats about it...

I think its their little F++K U to the DJ MIDI community...

ok, ive have owned 3 vci's and the jog wheels do get loose with heavy use. The one that I have not had any problems with is my 1st Gen SE. All you need is a screw driver to tighten the loose screws inside the unit and out. Its pretty simple

@thictool: Jog wheels rock, vestax put the dj midi community on the map by releasing the vci-100. previous to that there was no controller that even came close to it. No need to bash the vci buddy.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    cheers buddy, i'll give that a go and i'm also gonna give your mapping a go too.

thanks,

ric.
    No worries. The tsi isn't 100% finished because i only just switched over to tpro 1.2. I been using the keyboard to set up hot keys and I haven't got the 4 deck thing running yet but i'm gonna work on that. I just got my head round modifiers a bit you see so now i can start mapping a bit more how i want it.

Nice one.

Off topic soz
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

What I mean by "loose" is that when you have one hand on a jog wheel, covering the whole jog wheel, you can "teeter" the jog wheel back and forth. I didn't feel this on the left jog wheel at all.

I wouldn't mind buying another one provided this is the problem people are talking about and, if I get it again, is easily remedied.

Thanks.