Help with reaper and synth1

Default Help with reaper and synth1

Can someone please help me with understanding on how to create an actual track. I have downloaded REAPER and Snyth1, and have updated my VST setting's on REAPER and have Synth1 currently open. I'm just not sure how to actually make the music happen. I'm brand new at this and have always been very interested in producing EDM and never really knew where to start, until now. I'm currently going to school for a Bachelors in computer science and would like to make music and DJ on the side for pure fun. I love music.

Here is a picture, in case I'm doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DHALL92 View Post
    Can someone please help me with understanding on how to create an actual track. I have downloaded REAPER and Snyth1, and have updated my VST setting's on REAPER and have Synth1 currently open. I'm just not sure how to actually make the music happen. I'm brand new at this and have always been very interested in producing EDM and never really knew where to start, until now. I'm currently going to school for a Bachelors in computer science and would like to make music and DJ on the side for pure fun. I love music.

Here is a picture, in case I'm doing something wrong.

Looks like you inserted synh1 as an effect rather than an instrument. Start a new project, on the top menu bar select "Insert", "Virtual instrument on new track", and then pick Synth1 VSTi from the window