$150 christmas bonus... what to get next?
Hey guys, I started playing out a few months ago in a small hookah lounge which was sometimes busy and sometimes paid me (always free Hookah though)... and have recently upgraded to a larger hookah lounge that gets small-bar packed on Fridays and Saturdays (and pays me consistently). I did a trial on Thursday and they were half empty, then they invited me back for Saturday when there were nearly 100 people in there at a time from 9PM to 1AM, and now want me there every Saturday.
My boss at my primary job is giving us a Christmas bonus of $150 cash or up to $150 of purchases from wherever we want. If what we want costs more than that, he's offered to take it off our checks. I'm not sure what I should get next...
I'm traveling in a 4-door sedan and it's crammed with stuff. Here's what I have so far:
- Portable Folding Table
- Dell Precision M6700 17" i7 laptop w/ 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD & 500GB HDD on Windows 7
- Traktor Pro 2.whatever... flux mode engaged *smirk*
- Mixed In Key 5.whatever
- Numark 4Trak w/ Odyssey Glide case
- MidiFighter 3D
- Traktor X1
- Peavey PV-4C 250Wx2 amp
- Two speakers that sound pretty good, but can't be put on stands
- Buttkicker 1500W amp
- 18" Subwoofer in 15" box
These do not go with me (yet):
- 1 small red/green "galaxian" style DJ light
- Acer i5 Laptop for visualizations - still trying to figure out how I want to do visualizations
- Projector for visualizations - still trying to figure out how I want to do visualizations
I play mostly hip-hop, though I occasionally mix in trap and edm, along with old school to mix it up. Though I prefer EDM, my next goal is to become a club DJ.
I'm pretty well set with my gear but was considering a 3 or 4 lens laser light... not sure what kind I should get. What else should I consider getting to add to my collection for better entertainment??
Last edited by WTFumbles; 12-23-2013 at 09:58 PM.
150 isn't that much to spend on gear. I would just spend it on music.