Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't use cross, I just looked at their website to give you an answer.. However in VDJ which is similar you can use two real decks to control 4 software decks. but you need to put the timecode mode into "relative" that will mean you can swap what deck the timecode controls without changing the pitch of the playing track.. but it also means that if you are using tracks with bpms outside the range of about +/-5 then you could easily run out of pitch fader length...

You should really forget about mixing more than two decks IMO, as using turntables will fill in the time that sync frees up meaning you won't be standing around waiting... because until you get the hang of beatmatching on turntables you will have to nurse them into sync so won't have time for deck's three and four.

If you can still return them the best vinyl substitute that can control four decks is the stanton SCS1D, it has two layers on each deck and a motorised pitch fader to make swapping easy, it's pretty ugly in the two tone but that's nothing a paint job couldn't fix & it has the same motor as the reloop you mentioned. The only downside to it and the reason it was a failure is that you need to run them through a firewire port, which not many laptops have.

Also I couldn't find anything on mapping commands in the cross manual to know whether you have the option to swap the timecode controlling decks, if you are looking for other software that will be able to do what you want VDJ8 Beta just got announced yesterday so it should be out in a couple of months to the public.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Any reason you went for Reloop over Technics, given that they're at least 50% more expensive?
    Main reason was I wanted something new and the 7000s are £375 each which isn't too bad (I know the 8000s are more), and just want to have them solid and ready to go rather than hunting on ebay/gumtree which tbh I kinda hate through various bad experiences. I didn't want to mess with trying to get them refurbished and honestly, I've never ever used turntables so I wouldn't know if the decks I'm getting are in a1 condition or not so getting new just seems a lot more appealling.

Also they have a few nice features that could be fun, maybe not lol (reverse?)

But one big big reasons is, I just love how good the white 7000s look. Super superficial I know, but it's an honest answer.

If I like them and feel I've gone the wrong route and shoulda got technics maybe I'll get some later on when I've got to know the feel of truntables and maybe played on a few other peoples
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by Chelan View Post
    Let us know how you like them and how well they respond with Traktor (if you end up using that software) once you've had the chance to play on them for a week or so. Hope they work well for ya.
    Will do - sadly they've not come in yet but hoping won't be too long. I'm having some issues tho with my Cross (keeps crashing on load ) which I need to look at anyways - my next stop is their support forums as it's driven me mad this weekend so prhaps not a bad thing I haven't got the decks yet. I'd rather not go to Traktor scratch just as it's a big extra cost, but if I can't solve my Cross crashing issues maybe I'll have to look at that.

But this NYE I'm on my Traktor Pro 2 and using the clubs cdj 2000s which is no bad thing
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I don't use cross, I just looked at their website to give you an answer.. However in VDJ which is similar you can use two real decks to control 4 software decks. but you need to put the timecode mode into "relative" that will mean you can swap what deck the timecode controls without changing the pitch of the playing track.. but it also means that if you are using tracks with bpms outside the range of about +/-5 then you could easily run out of pitch fader length...

You should really forget about mixing more than two decks IMO, as using turntables will fill in the time that sync frees up meaning you won't be standing around waiting... because until you get the hang of beatmatching on turntables you will have to nurse them into sync so won't have time for deck's three and four.

If you can still return them the best vinyl substitute that can control four decks is the stanton SCS1D, it has two layers on each deck and a motorised pitch fader to make swapping easy, it's pretty ugly in the two tone but that's nothing a paint job couldn't fix & it has the same motor as the reloop you mentioned. The only downside to it and the reason it was a failure is that you need to run them through a firewire port, which not many laptops have.

Also I couldn't find anything on mapping commands in the cross manual to know whether you have the option to swap the timecode controlling decks, if you are looking for other software that will be able to do what you want VDJ8 Beta just got announced yesterday so it should be out in a couple of months to the public.
    Cheers so much for all the advice and suggestions I think for the vinyl I was def really just thinking of '2 decks' in the software (was just wondering if I can just manage with one turntable controlling both), and just having my XDJ Aero as an extra deck or two if I wanted to drop in things/use it's sample launch. This was all for a home setup so I won't be taking it out - when playing out it'll just be CDJs with Aero as a back up (or my Aero as my main unit if it's just a small bar/poor equipment - had a couple of those gigs this year).

Tech Wizard

the video was helpful and the read is also informative so i am getting the support in setting my fingers fall upon accurately and as per my wish as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12