How to deal with BPM change distortion on Ableton?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How to deal with BPM change distortion on Ableton?

When I edit some tracks and change their BPM's using Re-Pitch they go a little further than 0 db.

What can I do to make it not sound distorted when I'm playing, or what can I do to deal with it?

Like, can I get the volume a little bit lower, than the peak which was further than 0 db will be now exacly 0 db? Or doing this will mess the track even more...?

Thanks.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

try the volume fader

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    try the volume fader
    So if I export the track with the volume a little bit lower and then ajust it with the mixer's gain at the club I get the problem fixed?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Actually, when I export the track that seems to be distorting in ableton and throw it on Sony Sound Forge 10 it seems that its not getting over 0 db at any time of the track:
    distorcao.jpg

Does it mean that in the end the track is not distorting at all?

inside ableton its showing the track is going 2,52 db over 0:
    distorcao ableton.jpg
    Last edited by Daniboy; 12-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Tech Mentor

you dont want to be running a track upto or beyond 0db in any software as digital clipping takes the peak of the wave form away causing in accuracy and its also removing any headroom given to apply effects ideally you want to be aiming for an RMS output of around -12dB from your daw

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michael133 View Post
    you dont want to be running a track upto or beyond 0db in any software as digital clipping takes the peak of the wave form away causing in accuracy and its also removing any headroom given to apply effects ideally you want to be aiming for an RMS output of around -12dB from your daw
    What should I do to edit this track and not end with a distorted track to play?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

What should I do to edit this track and not end with a distorted track to play?
    Volume faders as mentioned - simples, make sure neither the master or channel fader runs into the red

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Volume faders as mentioned - simples, make sure neither the master or channel fader runs into the red
    even if I'm rendering just the single channel and not master?

Tech Mentor

you would want to be bouncing/rendering off the master rather than the channel.

Tech Mentor

also note if the original file was clipping you have limited options for getting none distorted audio out even with setting the levels correctly due to once audio is clipped the data isnt present in the wave.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast