APC 40 knob/rotary as s4 rotary search trough track
    Tech Wizard

Default APC 40 knob/rotary as s4 rotary search trough track

I'm currently trying to map my APC 40 as my Traktor controller. I used to have a S4 controller with the loop rotary right and the search/seek trough track rotary based on the loop size. But I can't find the right way to map the search/seek rotary to one on my APC. I've searched on internet and found some possibilities on this forum but I couldn't get it to work. Can someone please help me?
    DJ-Setup: MacBook Pro Retina | NI Traktor Pro 2 | Akai APC 40 | NI Audio8 | A&H Xone XD-53
    Producing Setup: MacBook Pro Retina or old W7 PC | Ableton Suite 8 | NI Audio 8DJ | Akai APC-40 | Korg nanoSERIES

Map beatjump to your encoder.

Tech Wizard

That's what I thought but when I set add in Beatjump to encoder and I turn the encoder it doesn't change the marker in traktor
    DJ-Setup: MacBook Pro Retina | NI Traktor Pro 2 | Akai APC 40 | NI Audio8 | A&H Xone XD-53
    Producing Setup: MacBook Pro Retina or old W7 PC | Ableton Suite 8 | NI Audio 8DJ | Akai APC-40 | Korg nanoSERIES

Ok, I had a chance to check it out.
    Map both commands to your Encoder
    Add in > Deck Common > Move > Mode Selector--Button Direct = Beat Jump
    Add in > Deck Common > Move > Move--Fader/Knob Relative (leave sensitivity settings alone)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Ok, I had a chance to check it out.
    Map both commands to your Encoder
    Add in > Deck Common > Move > Mode Selector--Button Direct = Beat Jump
    Add in > Deck Common > Move > Move--Fader/Knob Relative (leave sensitivity settings alone)
    OP want beatjumps based on the loop size. You need one modifier in there far as I can figure (need to test this first tbh).

Using the above mapping worked just like the s4 for me. I used the s4 in midi mode as it has the only encoders in my set up. (Not like I got to beta a Twister )I tried various commands and settings, and the above commands are the only way it worked like the s4.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This worked with a jog wheel encoder.

Beatjump / M1=0 / -loop
    Beatjump / M1=7 / +loop
    Modifier 1 / encoder-relative / 7fh - 300%
    Move

If an APC has an option to disable LED ring and set action mode to endless than this will do as well.

Tech Wizard

I will test the options given tomorrow, let you guys know what worked for me thanks